The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite (see below). Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
What's new in this version:
- Users now have more control over their add-ons. Upon upgrade, activation of third-party add-ons needs to be confirmed explicitly.
- Improvements to HTML5 media elements and added support for new media APIs to improve the overall performance of video and audio
- Additional support for HTML5 technologies, including the crossorigin attribute and insertAdjacentHTML
- Updates to WebSockets
- Support for CORS for WebGL textures
- Hyphenation is now suppo... See all new features »