CNET Editors' review
ScroollApp is a unique online rewards program that provides scrolling news headlines, games, and other activities, and discounts on online shopping. Although it's geared toward users in India, anyone can install and enjoy ScroollApp. We can't say we've encountered anything like it, and we think it's worth checking out, especially if you like staying on top of the news.
ScroollApp requires users to either create an account or log in with their Facebook account. During the account creation process users are asked for demographic information, including their hometown and current location (the drop-down menus list only states and cities in India), gender, education completed, and so on. Once ScroollApp is installed, it appears as a scrolling banner across the screen displaying headlines from the Times of India. Users can customize the content, choosing from news sources including CNN, BBC, the New York Times, ESPN, and others. Scattered among the headlines are flashing buttons labeled New Activity; clicking these launches a browser window containing a game, puzzle, or other diversion. Users earn points both by completing activities and by simply letting ScroollApp run, and points can be used for discounted shopping. For example, a 4GB SanDisk USB drive was listed with a retail price of 275 rupees but is available to ScroollApp users for 188 rupees plus 23 points. Other available items include personal care items, household gadgets, and electronics. Overall, we found ScroollApp fairly easy to use, and its online documentation answered all of our questions. Although users outside of India probably won't get as much out of it, we think it's an interesting way to combine information and fun, and earn discounted stuff in the process.
ScroollApp installs and uninstalls without issues.
ScroollApp is a simple desktop scroll. It docks in about 10mm vertical space on your desktop without obstructing any icons or display. You earn points for just letting the ScroollApp run on your PC. You can subscribe to a wide choice of content to scroll in your ScroollApp. News Alerts, Sports Updates, Celebrity News, Social Trends, Health Tips, Stock Alerts, Financial Updates and many other choices are available from different news sources.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Set up and manage your home budget.
- Process, secure, and manage your enterprise's documents.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Display groups you are member of and export info into TXT file.
- View, add, and remove your Twitter followers easily.
- Set up countdown timer to receive alert of important event.
- Know everything about Geneva and discover its culture and attra...
- Know everything about Buenos Aires and discover its culture and...
- Display clock, countdown, counter, and stopwatch on your deskto...
- Exercise, diet & wellness manager.