Script Timer lets you schedule AppleScript, perl, and shell scripts, as well as Automator workflows and applications. Scheduling options include specific times of the day, week, month, or year, regular intervals ranging from one second to any number of weeks, when the computer enters or leaves an idle state, just before or just after system sleep, when you log in or out (except logout for OS X 10.8 and later), and when a specified application launches or quits. Using a feature called Dynamic Scheduling, you can also arrange for an AppleScript script to schedule on the fly one or more other scripts, applications, or workflows at a time of its choice.
Script Timer consists of three separate modules, Script Timer itself, used to create and manipulate scheduling data files, a background scheduling engine that reads the data files and does the actual scheduling work, and an optional scheduling engine status monitor whose icon appears in the system status bar to show you the current status of the scheduling engine and to allow you to control it, and to open Script Timer. The scheduling engine runs in the user domain, providing for greater security. A log file records each action, including error messages and optional messages returned from a script. The application comes with several sample scripts that illustrate its use, as well as Track Timer, a script that provides an interface between Script Timer and iTunes for automated media play, and Job Timer, a script that allows you to keep track of the time you spend on various jobs.
What's new in this version: Version 2.6.4 is a maintenance update that improves compatibility with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) .
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Data recovery software.
- File sharing app that makes it simple to manage, protect and sh...
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Run AppleScript in the background.
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
- Tool to renice the priority of any process.
- Graphical tool to automatically set cpu process priority.
- Remove apps, data, and other unnecessary junk.
- Visual time-tracking and productivity management.
- Quickly launches the Force Quit dialog box.
- Complete replacement for Apple's Script Editor.
- Remind yourself of all important tasks, dates, meetings, etc.
- Remote management.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.