Script Server is a Shareware AppleScript OSA build program. It compiles, it decompiles, it executes and it returns results. What more could you want?Script Server is NOT an editor. It can be used from other editors though. Notably, the MPW Shell and BBEdit. This way you can edit scripts that are larger than 30,000 characters and have search and replace. MPW's scriptable, although in its weird moon man language and BBEdit is quite scriptable. I have included scripts for compiling from MPW and BBEdit.The trick for MPW & ToolServer is to use Ed Lai's SendAE tool and the scripts provided to communicate with Script Server.It is advantageous in a batch build system to have the applications running which you are refering to in your scripts. This keeps AppleScript from needing to ask you where they are for each script.Script Server also supports drag and drop compiling and decompiling. If you drop a text file on Script Server it will be compiled with the current default scripting component. If you drop a script file, it will be decompiled. I doubt this will be terribly useful, but I was using DropShell, so what the heck.In addition, Iâ??ve added support for OSA Menuâ??s â??run OSA scriptâ?? event, which allows Script Server to replace OSA Menuâ??s OSA Runner application (which is only used for Very Compatible execution mode). Once again, thereâ??s no real compelling reason for this, but it was easy and I was experimenting. One of my goals is to write a simple script palette app, and this was one step toward that. In theory most of it could be done with Script Server, but it would need a bunch of UI and memory management stuff.
What's new in this version:
- Major rewrite using MoreOSA.
- Removed dialects, MPW errors and include files.
- Renamed it "Script Server" instead of "ScriptServer" which was already in use.
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Manage shell-based scripts.
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Backup/synchronize data to another ssh enabled server.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Manage business database applications.
- Add six multi-precision data types to Xojo.
- Command-line tool for yEnc & UU binary download & decoding.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...