CNET Editors' review
Though nothing fancy, this tiny application creates reminder notes to post on your computer screen. Double-clicking Screen Notes' tray icon instantly creates a note, with options to insert text and to change the background color and fonts. Simply right-click the icon to open its small main window. We were able to quickly select which note from this list we wanted to appear and remain on the monitor until it closed down. You'll also be able to send notes to colleagues via e-mail.
Forgetful persons will appreciate this program's ability to set a different alarm time and sound for each note. You can assign your favorite WAV file as a reminder sound, though the demo only plays its default sound. Easy to use, Screen Notes will satisfy anyone looking for a simple, no-frills reminder program.
The Screen Notes program places e-notes on the screen of your monitor. E-notes imitate paper self-adhesive notes. The program has reminder function, opportunity to print notes and to send them by e-mail. Your notes are fully customizable. So, you can change notes' color, dimensions and location on the screen as well as font and reminder sound. And now a rich text formatting is added. Now even in a single note it is possible to represent different words and phrases with a different font, and color.
Version 3 has added: rich text formatting, opportunity of note printing, Drag'n'Drop of text both within and between notes. Any color of note and font.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Zip and unzip files, protect them by encryption, connect to clo...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Create notes to place on your desktop.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Handy notepad program with autosave.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very handy note taker"
Version: Screen Notes 3
Installs easily and has good note management with a resident manager available in the system tray. The note manager has a simple interface that makes all notes instantly available. I also liked the formatting bar available in each note.
Not a serious problem but notes appear all together in an "all or nothing" display and there is no transparency to keep notes visible but inactive. Other minor issues: note resizing is a bit strange in that only the right edge can be stretched
This very simple note taker lacks some of the features of its more sophisticated cousins but it's still very useful for clipping items from web pages or anywhere. It doesn't recognize links or supported sending notes across a network but at least it's not so tempermental to upgrade. I hate programs that can't replace themselves when updating. How hard can it be? Screen Notes doesn't seem to have thatproblem. I'll probably buy it,
Updated on Jun 16, 2011