CNET Editors' review
The Snipping Tool that comes with most versions of Windows 7 is a perfectly capable -- if basic -- screen capture tool. But there are plenty of copies of Windows out there that can use a third-party screen capture app, and more than a few of them are Windows 7; many users prefer a different screen capture tool, often one that does more than the Snipping Tool, though some are merely different. Screen Capture + Print is a simple tool with a fast and intuitive screen capture process. It can capture the entire screen, whole windows, or rectangular selections, and copies, saves, or prints them, as you like.
Screen Capture + Print is portable freeware, so we extracted and saved the program's executable to a suitable directory and launched it. The PDF-based Help file explains how easy it is to launch the program with Windows, if you want to use Screen Capture + Print as your everyday screen capture tool. When it's open, Screen Capture + Print lives in the system tray, so we also recommend changing the system tray settings to show both the icon and notifications, which makes the icon persistent; you only need to click it to activate the selection tool. Clicking the icon selects the entire screen and grays it out, replacing the cursor with crosshairs. We merely had to place the crosshairs on target to click and drag a rectangular selection. Screen Capture + Print displays the selected area's size in pixels, a helpful touch. Releasing the mouse button copies the selection and produces a small dialog for selecting Clipboard, File, Print, or Cancel. Clicking File saves captured data as a JPEG in the Pictures folder. Right-clicking the tray icon opens Screen Capture + Print's menu, which lists the three main commands with hot key combos and opens the Help file, but it doesn't have any options like changing the destination directory.
Screen Capture + Print is quick and intuitive to use: Click, drag, and save (or print). If you need more, then tools with plenty of extras are available. Most of the time, however, what the app already offers is all we need.
Free screen capture software to capture screen area, full screen or single window. The freeware software supports desktops spanning multiple monitors, transparent windows and transparent screen elements and offers direct print out and save to file of the captured image. In case you would like to deliver this application within your own software, it could be customized with your company name.
What's new in this version: Version 1.14 adds the following improvements:
- Ctrl+Insert can be used to start capturing a screen area including open menus and tool tips.
- Shift+Insert can be used to capture the full screen including open menus and tool tips.
- Ctrl+Shift+Insert can be used to start capturing a single window or part of it.
- Display of pixel size of the selected area.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Recover lost photos, documents, audio and video files.
- Retrieve images from corrupted or formatted memory cards.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Turn your photos and other still images to vivid slideshow with...
- Convert digital photos into slideshows, DVD movies, digital col...
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content