ScrapX is a scrapbook utility for Mac OS X. It allows multiple scrapbooks to be open and puts no limit on the number of items in a scrapbook. Content can be inserted by copying and pasting, drag-and-dropping from either Mac OS X or classic Mac OS applications, drag-and-dropping files or clippings from the Finder, or importing classic Mac OS scrapbooks including those created with ScrapIt. Content can be moved to Mac OS X or Classic applications by copying and pasting or drag-and-dropping. Content can be text, images, movies, or sounds. Content in supported formats is displayed and can be played, but content with no supported type also can be placed in and dispensed from ScrapX. Scrapbooks can be displayed in four views, manually re-ordered, or searched and sorted based on multiple criteria. Items can be stripped of unwanted data types, and exported to files.
ScrapX 1.3 is localized in English and French. Individual, Family, Multiple, and Educational Licenses available.
- Import the content you have compiled in classic scrapbooks and continue to use it in Mac OS X.
- Organize content that you use frequently like paragraphs for form letters, signatures, and images. With ScrapX 1.3 you can select or edit text content.
- Store content you want to keep handy: emails, web URLs, news stories, cartoons, music, digital photos, etc. Create notes using the Memo field or the new Create Text Item command.
- Store, display, and search statements and confirmations you receive from your bank or brokerage by 'e-delivery.' When running under Panther even PDF content can be searched.
- Gather and organize project materials. Use the new slideshow feature to screen materials, and copy and paste or drag-and-drop content to word processing, image editing, and other applications to publish it.
- While browsing the Internet create illustrated bookmarks by dragging images with links into a scrapbook. If an image does not have a link, add one. Then click on the globe icon in the tool strip to open the link.
For information about the latest update to ScrapX see the ScrapX support page.
What's new in this version:
New in ScrapX 1.3.2:
- Append/Paste Special allows the addition of styled text to a text item.
- Classic scrapbooks can be opened as if they were ScrapX documents.
- Fixes a bug in rendering certain PICTs.
- Fixes Undo while editing text.
- Retains the position and volume in QuickTime movies and sounds when exporting or importing.
- Fixes a bug in which new scrapbooks created during searches did not contain the correct items. See all new features »