CNET Editors' review
Scavenger is a fun and challenging game in which players must pilot a spacecraft through the Star Hulk Icarus, dodging bullets, collecting treasure, and locating orbs that can open the way out. The game's quality graphics and unintuitive (in a good way) controls made it hard for us to pull ourselves away.
One of the most challenging things about Scavenger is the way that users control their spacecraft. Rather than piloting the craft directly, users must use the mouse to move a cursor, which the craft follows. This is harder than it sounds, especially when you're trying to move quickly and also use the right mouse button to fire at enemies. Our piloting skills improved with practice, but this feature definitely made the game tougher. Fortunately, it starts out gently, offering plenty of opportunities for users to get used to the controls and the various bonuses and hazards that will be encountered throughout the game. Sure, there are treasures to collect and gun turrets to blow up, but what about the power stations, door openers, and other novelties? A brief "How to Play" screen explains the game's basic controls, but it's only through playing it that users will come to learn how everything works. We found the game exciting, with new challenges awaiting us at every level. People who enjoy space-themed adventures and the opportunity to shoot at things will likely find hours of enjoyment in this game.
Scavenger has a 60-minute trial period. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Enter the Star Hulk Icarus on one last mission. Test your piloting skills as you overcome the Icarus's decaying gravity fields. Rotate, thrust, and shoot your way through 80 sectors, collecting riches, battling aliens, and unlocking the way to freedom. Scavenger blends action based gameplay with carefully designed, challenging levels to create a shoot'em'up experience.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Control a powerful spaceship and fight for your homeworld's fre...
- Fight the evil doctor and his army to restore humans' freedom.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Be a hero and save the world from evil enemies.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Battle against relentless invaders with powerful weapons.
- Play a guitar accurately using your keyboard.
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Arcade puzzle game with true 3D game play.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Send the ball on its way in a golf game.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: