CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
Listen to live audio from over 2,900 police and fire scanners, weather radios, and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (with more being added daily).Features:* Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.* View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance, by clicking on "Near Me"* View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updated every 5 minutes).* View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).* Browse the directory of scanner feeds by location or by genre (public safety, weather, railroad, etc).* Configure alerts to have the app notify you when lots of people are listening to a scanner (indicating that something big may be happening).* Add Scanner Radio widgets and/or shortcuts to your phone's home screen for quick access.* Add a "Scanner Radio Favorite" shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:* The ads are removed.* Allows you to specify what times of day you want to receive listener alerts.* Allows you to setup listener alerts for scanners located near you.* The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets is functional.* Allows you to listen to archived audio (from the past 30 days) if you have a RadioReference.com Premium Subscription. Their premium subscription is $15 for 6 months, without it you will not be able to access their audio archives using the app.The audio is provided by volunteers using real scanner radios. If your area is not available, see the menu in the app for information on how to get it added.Install the Scanner Radio Chat Plug-In (it's free) to get access to the Scanner Radio chat rooms (see the plug-in's description for more information).The "Phone Calls / Read Phone State" permission is needed by the app so that it can detect when you're placing a phone call (or when one is being received) so that it can automatically stop the streaming of the audio to prevent it from interfering with the call.The "Fine (GPS) Location" and "Coarse Location" permissions are required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you click on "Near Me". When you click on "Near Me" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.The "Automatically Start at Boot" permission is required so that a small portion of the app can be started when your phone boots if (and only if) you turn on the listener alert checking feature of the app (that feature is turned off by default).If the audio repeats or the app stays connected for only a short time, try returning to a directory screen in the app, then select "Settings" from the menu, then "Player settings", and then try changing the "Streaming method" setting.Note that the widgets are not available if the app has been installed on an SD card. If you can't find the widgets, move the app off of your SD card.Follow "Scanner Radio" on Facebook or ScannerRadio on Twitter to be notified about service interruptions, new beta versions, etc.Keywords: police scanner, radio scannerRecent changes:Added the ability to change the color of the LCD window on directory and player screens and on the widgets to a color other than orange.Added the ability to add directory folders (such as a directory entry for a county or a state) to your Favorites.Added workaround for Cellular South/C Spire's connection blocking.Plus miscellaneous other minor enhancements, bug fixes, etc.Complete list of changes at http://www.facebook.com/scannerradioContent rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: Added the ability to change the color of the LCD window on directory and player screens and on the widgets to a color other than orange.Added the ability to add directory folders (such as a directory entry for a county or a state) to your Favorites.Added workaround for Cellular South/C Spire's connection blocking.Plus miscellaneous other minor enhancements, bug fixes, etc.Complete list of changes at http://www.facebook.com/scannerradio
More Products to Consider
- Tom is back with an all new adventure!.
- Have one-stop application store for your Android.
- Use your Netflix account to access streaming movies and TV Show...
- "Baltimore Ravens News&Schedule" is a useful application for al...
- "Philadelphia Eagles News&Stats" is a useful application for al...
- Get free wireless with Wifi Hacker!.
- Watch free live Indian TV on your android device.
- This app provides access to all of the tweets provided by DFW A...
- Design your style with the best scarf tying guide!.
- Talking Tom repeats everything you say with a funny voice.
- Ever find yourself wondering what the final price of something ...
- Create beautiful pictures out of any text and share them with y...
- Trick your friends that you can see them naked.
- Never miss a moment from your Favorites. Stay connected & exper...
- Join forces with fellow shoppers to shop smarter.
- Tom is back with an all new adventure!.
- This App will help students of Univ of Seoul.
- Store and share your files on the go.
- Eye color changer app lets you to change the color of your eyes...
- 2013 Big Ten Football Schedule.
- Schemer app to go with Google Schemer.
- ~~ Gain access to local WiFi networks with ease ~~WiFi Hack all...
- Minnesota Vikings News & Stats is a useful application for all ...
- TOEIC English TEST TIMER.