You can share your scanner and scan from other machines of the network using the ScanRn program: You do not have to ask your colleague to scan for you or to pass his/her PC while you scank. It is not necessary to reconnect the scanner to your machine. When the scanner is connected to your PC nobody will bother your because of scanning in the future.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Deliver your desktop screen to your audience.
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Rectify of PC errors and optimize performance and startup.
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Optimize your PC speed and performance, fix registry errors, cl...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Manage the operations and billing for your Internet cafe.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works fine, with limits and language barrier"
Version: ScanRn / ScanRnServer 1.01
The software was fairly simple to set up. My family's All-In-One printer installed is installed on our file server, which can only be accessed through VNC or Remote Desktop, so I don't want to directly scan on that machine. I installed the software on the file server, installed it on my computer, told it the name of the file server, and was immediately able to scan. The quality of the scan was fine, and I was able to load it in Photoshop with no problems.
First off, the program is in french. The license agreement, most of the buttons, and most of the information screens are in French. If you don't think you'll be able to make guesses about functionality, this probably won't work too well for you.
There are very few options, as well. You can't do a partial scan; you have to scan the entire page. You can't preview; you can change the DPS resolution, to scan in color, black and white, or grayscale (again, assuming you can read the color settings) and that's pretty much it.
You have to use the client-side software to scan. It's not a true TWAIN application, so you can't just import from your graphic program.