CNET Editors' review
Sandvox is an easy-to-use, WYSIWYG tool for creating Web sites. It's perfect for less technical users who don't want to edit HTML but do want an attractive site that ranks well in search-engine results. This app's intuitive interface is organized around a straightforward toolbar on top and a site outline on the side. You can drag and drop images, text, and even movies, and you can see what your changes look like in real time while you're working. More experienced Web developers might feel constrained by Sandvox's simple, code-free workflow, but Web design novices will love how quickly they can get started, with more than 50 premade design templates and built-in "pagelets" that let you add extra functionality and content from sites like Amazon, Digg, and Flickr.
Overall, Sandvox is an excellent option for anyone who wants to quickly create basic but still useful and attractive Web sites. Professional users should check out Sandvox Pro, which lets you work with raw HTML and use Google Webmaster tools.
From Karelia Software:
Sandvox allows to create content-rich, standards-compliant, stylish websites quickly and easily. Just click and drag content to and from your site as you create it and watch your site turn into exactly what you've envisioned. Then, you can publish your new site to whichever host you prefer. Using either the Regular or Pro editions of Sandvox, you'll have everything you need to create the website of your dreams. New website creators can build great looking sites in no time and professional website builders can create sophisticated, websites that show off their webmaster talents in uniquely creative ways. With Sandvox, everyone is a webmaster, no matter how much or how little experience they have.
What's new in this version: - Removed references to homepage.mac.com from the host setup, due to Apple discontinuing support for this service. Any sites published to MobileMe will have to use web.mac.com or web.me.com going forward.
More Products to Consider
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Convert over 20M YouTube to MP3 music clips and ringtones.
- Download and convert videos, including YouTube to MP3, M4A, FLV...
- Download and manage torrent files.
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purpose
- Download free videos from YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Facebook.
- Convert multiple Youtube videos to various formats.
- Download YouTube videos and accelerate downloads.
- Download and convert any YouTube video into your favorite forma...
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Extract music from YouTube movies as MP3 files.
- Download video and music from YouTube.
- Download videos from YouTube and increase download speeds by up...
- Download social music or video for your Windows PC.
- Create and design any Web site possible, with no programming re...
- Web page editing tool.
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into various formats.
- Create Web applications and manage your server and databases.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based Web sites and app...
- Create and develop your own applications using Web server techn...
- Accelerate your downloads to the fastest possible speed.
- Create and upload a professional Web page without dealing with ...
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 33 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very good and easy to use, but has limitations"
Version: Sandvox 1.6.8
It's very intuitive, well designed, and easy to learn for non-techies. One of the few DIY web design apps that lives up to its claims of being easy to use for creating nice looking websites. Lots of great company supplied and third-party templates.
1. No drop down windows. A popular and useful feature, so the lack of it can be a real deal-killer (it was for me).
2. It's not web-based, you have to buy and maintain the software, and have to be on your computer to make changes to your site.
Very impressive software that lots of people will fall in love with, especially if they can't afford or don't want to have to deal with a web designer to maintain their website. Probably the best web design software for non-techie Mac users. But the lack of drop-down windows, and not being web-based can rule it out for many people.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content