Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer. It offers secure web browsing by running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially. It has enhanced privacy where browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows. It prevents wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
What's new in this version: Version 3.62 fixed an incompatibility with the Fault Tolerant Heap on Windows 7.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 75 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Sandboxie 3.62
If you are the type of person who clicks on anything, when you surf the Web, I think Sandboxie does what it claims.
I found it more of a problem to work with then if you just put a good antivirus program on your PC. It's not so easy to get things out of the sandbox, that you have downloaded, that you want to save to your HD. If you have anything in the sandbox that you want to save, and forget to take it out, it will delete eveything in the sandbox when you close it. Whatever changes you make, when your in the sandbox will be gone and you will have to make the changes again each time you run programs in the sandbox. If you get updates for programs, that's on your HD while in the sandbox, they will not take affect because the updates were done in the sandbox. The bottom line for me, it's more trouble then the 40dollars they want, then it's worth. Just get a good free antivirus program, and save 40bucks.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content