CNET Editors' review
Tired of providing a password to log on to your PC when you launch it each day? This utility takes care of that for you, and its encryption features supposedly prevent anyone from uncovering your password from the system. But is that really what your want to do?
Safe AutoLogon provides your password to the system automatically when you power up your PC. At first run, the utility opens a simple dialog box for you to enter your username, password, and domain. In our tests, the utility worked like a breeze. We no longer had to select our user account and supply our password to launch Windows and begin working. The problem comes, of course, from a system with multiple users. Any of them can boot the PC, and it'll automatically launch the default user account, not theirs.
Safe AutoLogon worked fine in our tests, and the 30-day demo limit is generous enough for anyone to determine whether to pay for a registered version. From our perspective, negating a security feature, even if you don't share your computer, may not be the best course of action.
From WM Software:
Why automatically logon? You probably don't want to if accessing secure data, but there are many reasons when an automatic logon is beneficial (classrooms, kiosks, hospitals, access to internal single-signon systems, mobile workstations, etc). Used in hospitals, warehouses, homes, classrooms, and kiosks worldwide, Safe AutoLogon is ready to meet all of your automatic login needs. When paired with our Safe AutoLogon Password Server (SALPS) software, companies get a complete automatic logon solution with centralized password and user management for all their Safe AutuLogon clients. SALPS also implements internal password policies and can enforce HIPAA compliance. Because information security is the most important issue for most organizations, Safe AutoLogon encrypts the logon username and password in a high-encryption (256-bit AES) format. Many other options such as locking the screen after logging on, local/domain permissions, and keeping users logged onto the computer are included. Free 21-day trial.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Fill in passwords and other personal data automatically.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Auto detect, auto fill, auto sumit, encrypt, and save Web forms...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Get a COM component to encrypt your passwords.
- Protect your privacy and prevent the recording or stealing sens...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Log on in a Windows domain automatically.
- Protect your PC with this multimedia-enabled secure screen lock...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Enter the required logon details automatically for each program...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Provide integrated and reliable logon functionality for PC.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Store, encrypt, and log your usernames and passwords automatica...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Store, encrypt, and manage your usernames and passwords.
- Manage passwords and login IDs for multiple systems.
- Log, view, and manage your instant messages and chat conversati...
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Very good just as it says does a safe auto logon"
Version: Safe AutoLogon 1.5.93
no need to enter password but machin is password protected
After a crash has to be reset although it is said not to need this , it does.
Good value for experienced busy users
"Well worth the $10!!!"
Version: Safe AutoLogon 1.5
I've been looking for a way to automatically have my machines logon after restart but needed a way for the console to be locked for security. This program solved all my problems! I highly recommend it!
"just what i was looking for"
Version: Safe AutoLogon 1.5
nice, simple utility.