CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
From SVOX Mobile Voices:
Did you know that your mobile can speak US English?Have Grace read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in a US English female, high quality and natural-sounding voice powered by SVOX.When combined with TTS-enabled apps, Grace can:- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving - read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents- help you learn English by reading aloud the correct pronunciationand much more the possibilities are limitless!Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!== INSTRUCTIONS ==1. Install and run the voice app once2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.4. Run the voice app, click Continue, then follow the instructions. 5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Dont forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (pencil icon)!6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice, Pocket Blonde...Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.And now enjoy your new SVOX voice! == PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==1. Run the voice app2. Click on the pencil icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.3. Tap on the Android menu key and select Help== NOTES ==1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select languageCompatible with Google Navigation version < 5.92. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.Recent changes:- Support for Android 4.0 ICSContent rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: - Support for Android 4.0 ICS
More Products to Consider
- Chat over VoIP or via instant messaging, share images and video...
- Call and text anyone, anywhere.
- Nimbuzz is everything you need to communicate for free.
- Make free Skype-to-Skype video calls, and call phones at Skype ...
- Get WhatsApp Messenger and say goodbye to SMS!.
- Female UK English voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine.
- Puffin Web Browser is the fastest web browser on the Android pl...
- Provide Internet access to your laptop through your Android pho...
- 80 million users love Kik! It's the fast, simple, and personal ...
- Make new friends, send free voice, video and photo messages.
- Female Czech voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine.
- Free Network telephone softphone.CellPhone ID is Account.Free i...
- Female Spanish voice for SVOX Classic Text To Speech Engine.
- Tether your computer through the Android phone's data connectio...
- Female Finnish voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine.
- Female French voice for SVOX Classic Text To Speech Engine.
- Enjoy the most accurate name and phone number lookup service wi...
- Female Italian voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine.
- Connect your android to Internet using PC side network connecti...
- Australian English female voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech...
- Female Polish voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine.
- US English voice for SVOX Classic Text To Speech Engine.
- Female Canadien French voice for SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech En...
- Engage and exploit the Web with a clever Android browser.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content