The three tools previously available for download on this page -- SQL Server 2000 SQL Scan, SQL Check, and SQL Critical Update -- have been consolidated into a single download, the SQL Critical Update Kit. The SQL Critical Update Kit also includes an SMS deployment tool and the Servpriv.exe utility. The SQL Server 2000 security tools help update editions of SQL Server 2000 and MSDE 2000 that are vulnerable to the ""Slammer"" worm. SQL Server 2000 Evaluation editions can be updated with the SQL Critical Update, but do not support SP3. MSDE 2000 ships with several Microsoft products, including Office XP.
SQL Critical Update scans the computer on which it is running for instances of SQL Server 2000 and MSDE 2000 that are vulnerable to the Slammer worm, and updates the affected files. SQL Critical Update runs on Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. SQL Critical Update is supported in a clustered environment.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Remove security vulnerability found in MS Windows 2000.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Access Outlook-compatible objects via a COM-based API.
- Check and correct security vulnerability of Visual FoxPro 6.0.
- Reduce multiple passwords to one single item.
- Patch several vulnerabilities in IE 5.01 SP1.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Get the security patch for Simple Network Management Protocol.
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Prevent a possible Denial of Service Attack with this patch for...
- Prevent a Web server from sending the source code of .ASP to ot...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Address a security vulnerability in the Windows 2000 Telnet ser...
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Increase the security and performance of Microsoft Office XP wi...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Resolve problems found in the Exchange 2000 Web Client.
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Resolve problems found in the Exchange 5.5 Web Client.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1