SOS Online Backup
Full user review
- Unlimited versioning (not a lot of providers offer this)
- Nothing running in the background (software is task-based)
- Responsive support (chat, phone, email; they will not give up until the issue is fixed)
- Software could be better (I only have had experience with business software, and although it works fine overall, there are little quirks here and there, like for instance Options can only be access through the Wizard page and not from classic view; it doesn't like certain file types and/or very large sizes - I've had instances where backup task would keep crashing until I removed large .mp4 and .pst files from the backup set; I was also told by support that it cannot backup open SQL files)
- No initial upload functionality (if it is your first backup and you have a lot of data - you might spend weeks uploading)
Our company was looking for a cheaper alternative to our old corporate cloud backup provider which charged about $300 a month for 125GB of storage. SOS stood out primarily because of price point and ability to do versioning. Although it is not as rock solid as some of the enterprise backup solutions, it is definitely affordable and with some basic IT computer knowledge one can implement a dependable online backup strategy. We currently have four servers backing up with SOS Online Backup every night with minimal to no maintenance. If nothing changes for the worst (and in my experience with SOS they were only improving) I don't see a reason to look for a different provider at the end of our term in a year.
I wrote this review because SOS is offering 20GB of free storage to customers who share their opinion, however that fact did not influence my opinion of the company or their product and the review is genuine and based solely on my experience with SOS Business Backup over one year period.