CNET Editors' review
Never heard of Rising Antivirus? It's China's largest antivirus software company. By some estimates, it's used by half of all Chinese home computer users, who numbered more than 100 million and growing in the last count. Rising is offering a free antivirus package to compete with established freeware options in the global market. Rising Antivirus Free Edition also offers defense against Trojans, worms, and other malware; protection for USB drives; and e-mail, browser, and system monitoring and protection. It requires a Captcha to uninstall.
Rising Antivirus can be installed and set up quickly a reboot, and its initial scan completed very quickly. With a colorful, space-themed background and large icons and controls, the program's interface is easy to use, though the English translations sometimes came up short; for instance, the program version number included "Never update," which could mean "Don't update the program" instead of "Never updated," which was the case. But updating the program to the latest definitions and versions took quite a long time and also required a reboot, so clearly more than an update gets installed in the second pass. When our system rebooted, we received a series of error messages saying that Windows couldn't find some of Rising's files. The program indicated that our system was protected, and all of its other features seemed to be working, including its system tray menu, which accesses the program's settings and functions. But when we tried to scan our system again, the scan made no progress. Windows Task Manager told us that Rising was running, but no scan seemed to be taking place. We had to close and reopen the interface to try a full scan, but that too failed to initiate. We tried updating again, but we already had the latest edition.
The program's InfoCenter feature told us that the free antivirus software had expired and that we needed to buy the full version at 25 percent off, but a visit to Rising's Web site showed it was still available and up-to-date. (We were also puzzled by the PC Doctor tool's icon, a lion in a wizard hat riding a broomstick.) We're sure Rising will find a way to capitalize on its immense user database to make a splash in the global antivirus market, but not with Rising Antivirus Free Edition.
From Rising Antivirus:
RISING Antivirus Free Edition protects your computers against all types of viruses, Trojans, Worms, Rootkits and other malicious programs. Easy to use, Active Defense technology, Patented Unknown Virus Scan and Clean technology and Patented Smartupdate technology make RISING Antivirus install and forget product and entitles you to focus on your own jobs with your computer.Key Features: Zero-Day Computer Security Protection with Rising Cloud Security Rising Cloud Security members communicate with the Rising Cloud Security Data Center to perform a rapid computer security solution response network which can quickly catches Trojans and other malwares in real-time. Computer Security Protection - Based on triple layers security defense structure of Rising Cloud Security 3.0 and, integrated traditional monitor and intelligent active defense functions, Rising Antivirus Free Edition instantly defenses personal computer security. Trojan Defense - Adopting Rising Dynamic Behavior Analysis technique on Windows operating system kernel and, intercepts unknown Trojan, Backdoor, Worm, and other malicious viruses program at real-time. Browser Protection - Taking Rising System Kernel Reinforce into web browser program and, intercept unknown Trojan, Backdoor, Worm and other malicious viruses at real-time. Office Software Protection - Automatically intercept unknown Trojan, Backdoor, Worm and other malicious viruses program and, prevent malicious attacks which exploit office software unknown vulnerability away while launching office software. System Kernel Reinforcement - Providing professional computer users two optional customizable methods as Templates and Custom, to detect, monitor, and intercept all malicious behaviors from viruses program and, reinforce Windows system kernel.
What's new in this version: New updates.
More Products to Consider
- Provides extensive and continuous protection for your home and ...
- Protect your home and office computers from viruses, trojans, a...
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect your PC from all kinds of Internet threats.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Detect and clean thousands of threats.
- Check the security of your Windows computer against known threa...
- Protect your PC against hackers attacks and safeguard your data...
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Protect your e-mails from spam and phishing.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Provide antivirus and anti-spyware for your PC.
- Protect from viruses and worms in e-mail messages.
- Surround yourself with protection from viruses, spyware, fraudu...
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Restore crashed hard disk and protect your system from viruses.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 221 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Rising Antivirus Free Edition 23.00.65.34
Great, i did a test on it and it blocked every virus and treats,It even has a passcode malware wont disable it
I trust this software and it backdoors someone that sent a virus to your computer