CNET Editors' review
Retouch Pilot is a no-frills image editing program that lets users to remove scratches, blemishes, and other imperfections from their images. Although this program should meet the needs of the casual user, more advanced users will definitely want something more powerful.
The program's interface is basic but intuitive, with most of its important functions organized in a tool palette along the side. The way the program uses available workspace is not always optimal, especially when working with vertical images, but this is not a major drawback. Upon opening the program, users can access a series of short tutorials that explain each of the program's functions. The built-in Help file, while occasionally inconsistent in its wording, is generally well-written. The program's features include basic retouching tools, including scratch removal, rubber stamp, and patch functions. We especially liked the way the program lets users view a preview of their edits in real time before committing to them. We found the program's color optimization tools to be lacking; although users can adjust brightness and contrast, tint and saturation adjustments are missing. Overall, the program is a good choice for light-weight image correction, but users may find themselves quickly outgrowing it as their photo manipulation needs increase.
Retouch Pilot is free to try, but users cannot save images in any format except the proprietary TPI format. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users with basic photo editing needs.
From Two Pilots:
Retouch Pilot is photo retouching software specially designed for imperfections removal from a photo. The program removes small technical imperfections present on an image or having appeared while scanning a photo such as scratches, spots from dust particles and hair. With this program you'll be able to restore scanned old photos. Also the Retouch Pilot allows you to quite easily retouch some unwanted objects from a digital photo.
What's new in this version: Version 3.5.3 adds Photoshop CS6 support.
More Products to Consider
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Burn all popular video and audio files to DVD disc, DVD folder,...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Create business cards, postcards, labels, artistic QR codes, an...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Host surveillance and motion capture system supporting unlimite...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Stitch photos into Panorama.
- Create and edit animation and layered images.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Record & edit audio files, apply audio effects, convert between...
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"A job which would have taken 4 hours took 10 minutes"
Version: Retouch Pilot 3.2
Demos built in
Freeware version has some features disabled
My wife has become the extended family photo editor. She gets a lot of old photos with dust and scratches on them. She was using Paint.Net cloning tool to clean up images, but it has a problem when there is a lot of detail or colour gradient in a small area. For a really bad photo it would take 4 hours to clean. Retouch Pilot did a better job in only 10 minutes!
"it is a good tool in order to make good repairs"
Version: Retouch Pilot 2.2.1
Version: Retouch Pilot 2.2.1
does a great job repairing old photos or removing unwanted items in a pic