From Alexandria Computers:
Restaurant Maid is a Restaurant Software, highly recommended for general type Restaurant and/or a Bar, Sandwich Shop, Pizzeria, Steak House, Cafe Shop, Deli, Buffet, Catering business, Doughnut or Pastry Shop, Hotel restaurant/kitchen and more. Our Restaurant POS Software, as a bonus (free of charge), integrates with X-CHARGE and MerchantWare - The world famous Point of Sale Credit Card processing solutions.
What's new in this version: Version 2.34:
- Faster customer search.
- Faster software overall.
- Fixes multiple issues with Edit and Delete in Accounting.
- Fixes an issue with Appointments for international users that do not use the US time format.
- Fixes an intermittent problem with printing a table receipt in RM and printing a saved ticket invoice in PM and SM.
- It was brought to our attention that if a user exits the order menu improperly (without using the back button) the n... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Organize and manage sales and accounting in your retail store.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Manage various aspects of your restaurant business.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Provide free POS Software especially designed for use by restau...
- Use customer-centric POS system, designed for the marketing-dri...
- Turn your PC into a fully functional restaurant point of sale.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Take care of your accounting, project tracking, and inventory n...
- Manage accounts, purchase orders, check contacts using FileMake...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Improve profitability by providing yourself with accurate item ...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Create invoices, export information, and print mailing labels.
- Manage and control your inventory, stock, and daily sales.
- Manage point-of-sale system for your store.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 19 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Worst POS we've ever dealt with"
Version: Restaurant Maid 2.34
simple User interface, terrible technicals
This is the worst POS software we've ever dealt with. With every new patch update, there pops us a new issue, posing big threats to our business continuity.
We are frequently having instances where we are forced to shift to hand written receipts due to unforeseen technical snags in this software. We are spending more time on emailing errors to their support team than using the software.
The support team too is unprofessional and rude.
Don't fall prey to such sub-standard products crowding the market. We have been disappointed largely with our decision of bringing this software aboard, and at the moment are looking for transition to a better software. while you purchase a POS, keep in mind that migration of data from one software to another is a cumbersome procedure with possibility of damage to the data. This software doesn't deserve even a part of those stars there.
"Ridiculous software; Unstable and unreliable"
Version: Restaurant Maid 2.34
The good thing is that it is designed for simplicity so even a layman can understand how to operate it.
However, After upgrading to 2.34 version, there are lots of problems arising:
1) Every time an item is clicked to enter into the invoice and the line is deleted in order to change the quantity, while re entering, along string of errors appear;
2.) In the table view, no quick menu buttons are displayed, what ever you do!
3.) When items are added to a table, even after the check out the table is shown as occupied, no matter how many times you checkout and restart the software.
4.) The item quantity is shown in place of serial numbers in the printed invoice...looks confusing. Sadly, there's no flexibility to change the layout of the invoice design.
5.)The company name and message is printed at the end of receipts, it's of no use there!
6.) Cannot delete any historical invoices printed in error or for trials. This pollutes actual business reports
7.) In version 2.29, the open drawer button didn't function.To open the drawer, you either need to ring a mock sale or use the drawer key.
These are just the surface of the problems.
I fell for the cheap price. But you think several times before investing your money on this thing. Definitely not a good choice if you are looking for a reliable software. Can take a toll of your business!!!
"Waste of money; bad choice"
Version: Restaurant Maid 2.34
quick access buttons
Not customizable even to the basic level (Adding just the data they ask for is not termed "customisable". Even the cheapest software give an option to configure how your invoice looks and what it should contain. This doesn't.
Boring interface; can't even make out the color difference in occupied and vacant tables.
Test print entries cannot be deleted!!
Item discount doesn't show up as a line item, but affects the item price directly.
Modifiers cannot be added to a menu, unless you maintain it as a inventory catagory.
The cash drawer opens twice; at the beginning of invoice printing and after that. Irritating.
Most of the times, when an item is clicked to be added to the invoice, a long string of error appears, which only God knows, how to fix. This leads to lot of confusions during peak business hours leading to wrong orders, resulting in significant losses in day sales
While upgrading to a new computer, you have to pay for a new license and the old one cannot be used.
Don't fall for the $99 number. This is just a generic software. Don't waste your money on this; it is too precious to spend on this software. Either spend a little more and buy a better software like Abacre or still better, you could rather opt for a cash register or a hand written bill.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: