Renoise is a sophisticated music sequencer and audio processing application for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux. Renoises rock solid stability makes it ideal as a live jamming tool. You can map almost every part of the interface to a MIDI controller, run your guitar through a Line-In Device and distort it with native effects, or just use it as a drum machine; a sampler on steroids. Renoises open API allows programmers to easily extend Renoise. With a few lines of code you can add the features or tools that you always wanted but never dared to ask for. Renoise is based on mod trackers. Mod trackers are characterized by displaying and editing music in an easily understood grid known as a pattern.
What's new in this version: Version 2.8.1 includes a bunch of fixes for the Renoise Lua API.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Sequence and process audio file on your Windows PC.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Display rhythm patterns in easy understandable grid format.
- Bring High Definition sound to YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandor...
- Combine unique and dynamic effects with the immediate control.
- Change your voice and add sound effects to games and voice chat...
- Create mandolin tab quickly.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Detect if the application is running with administrator privile...
- Generate a multitude of wave forms at any frequency your sound ...
- MP3 Cutter Joiner is easy-to-use MP3 Cutter and MP3 Joiner tool...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A different/quicker way to make music"
Version: Renoise 2.0.0 RC2
VST support with full envelope automation for any setting.
GUI is rock solid and quick.
Tracker style makes notes and rhythms very quick to enter/edit compared to most other sequencers.
Configurable keyboard shortcuts.
Very helpful community.
Can be tricky to use at first for beginners compared to some sequencers (though the forum helps here).
No automated track freezing as yet.
No piano roll may put some off.
Pattern playlist arranger could be improved perhaps.
Having a little experience with standard piano-roll sequencers (Cubase, Reason), using Renoise is a breath of fresh air. It's a bit tricky to get into (notes are entered into a spreadsheet grid-like structure), but once you get the hang of it and get used to all the keyboard shortcuts, composition ends up much quicker than the aforementioned 'piano rollers', at least for me.
I love it to bits so I bought my copy recently, though the demo is fully functioning apart from a couple of things like downmixing to wav. But at least you can save your project to return to it later.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: