Rekall is a database front end (in the manner of Microsoft Accessï£ª) for a range of SQL database servers. This binary release of Rekall includes drivers for xbase/xbaseSQL and MySQL (the xbase/xbaseSQL package for creating/working with smaller, personal databases is even included). Some features of Rekall: â€¢ Access to MySQL (support included with this binary) and PostgreSQL (no support included with this binary) databases. It can also access XBase files with a restricted set of SQL. Further SQL database servers will be added in the future. A single Rekall "database" can access one or more SQL databases. â€¢ Access to the underlying database types. As of version 1.0.5, Rekall provides access to almost all the types which the SQL database servers provide (XBase is rather restricitive in this respect). â€¢ Table design, and changes in design, plus the ability to view and update table data. Common functionality can be accessed, such as single column indexing (although this area needs extending, for instance to provide multiple-column indexes). â€¢ Form and report design and execution. Forms and reports can access data directly from database tables, via arbitrary SQL (subject to the restriction that Rekall can parse it) or from queries which are defined in Rekall; both can contain arbitrarily nested sub-forms (or sub-reports). â€¢ Scripting using the python language. An interface to Rekall itself and to the SQL database servers is provided (so that the scripts can control form and report execution, and can access data in the database). Rekall also contains an interactive python debugger. Of course, you also have full access to whatever python modules are available on your system. â€¢ Import and export of table data in a range of formats. In fact, Rekall generalises this as a copy operation, where the copy source and destinations can include database tables, SQL queries and text files. !!! At the current state Rekall must be started from the shell/terminal with the command !!! : /Applications/Rekall2.3.3/Rekall.app/Contents/MacOS/Rekall
What's new in this version:
- support for xbase/xbaseSQL, mySQL and PostgreSQL (all drivers included)
- fixerd issues in the included ReadMEs
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Subversion (SVN) client.
- High-end mail server app.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Database search tool requiring no programming knowledge.
- Database design and synchronization program.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Java 1.4.2 compatibility for JBoss & Tomcat.
- JDBC 2/3 compliant database front-end in Java.
- Enables database administration of ODBC-compliant data sources.