Fully utilized for voice recording, RecordPad Sound Recorder for Mac enables users to successfully record audio notes, interviews, announcements, or lectures. The application is available as free to try for 14 days with no apparent limitations.
During the installation of RecordPad Sound Recorder for Mac you will be prompted to download optional programs and an Internet browser toolbar, which you can easily opt out of. You should also uncheck the options to allow the program to change your default search engine and start page unless you would like it to. Once the program opens, you will be greeted with a rather intuitive user interface divided into two overall sections--Input and Output. The options for recording and playback are visible and the main menu offers links to recordings and preferences as well as the delete button. Under the Input tab you can choose the device that will be used for recordings. There are two options available--recording audio from a built-in microphone or recording audio played by the computer. For the latter you will need to download SoundTap, which is a separate application. During the download of this app you are prompted to install yet another toolbar, which you can, of course, decline, and a driver needed for this application to function. We tested both recording options and both showed excellent results. Under the Output tab in the UI you are also able to choose between WAV, MP3, and AIFF formats and the folder where you wish to save your recordings.
For users looking for a standalone voice recording tool, RecordPad Sound Recorder for Mac performs well and will complete the tasks, successfully. However, to use this application as a full sound recording application, users need to upgrade it with additional software available from the developer.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of RecordPad Sound Recorder for Mac 4.19.
RecordPad Pro Edition for Mac is ideal for recording voice and other audio to add to digital presentations, creating an audiboook, or simply recording a message. Find and play recordings by format, date, duration, or size. RecordPad Sound Recorder for Mac is designed to be simple and user-friendly. You can easily record audio notes, messages, announcements, and more!
RecordPad Pro Edition for Mac features:
- Record sound, voice, notes, music or any other audio
- Save recordings to your hard drive in wav, mp3 or aiff format
- Record only when you are speaking with voice activated recording
- Recordings can be burned directly to CD using Express Burn
- System-wide hotkeys allow keyboard control over recording while working in other programs
- Find and Play recordings by format, date, duration and size. Includes keyword search of audio recording when a speech engine is installed
- Optionally send recordings via email or upload to an FTP server
- MPEG Layer-3 encoding offers content of variable bit rates from 8 to 320kbps with optional crc error checking and joint stereo modes
- Wave encoding at sample rates between 6000 and 196000Hz in PCM or many other codecs and bits
- Can be automated and integrated to run from other programs with powerful command line options
What's new in this version:
Unspecified bug fixes