CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
RealPlayer Cloud is a cloud storage tool designed specifically for video storage. It's a valuable tool for anyone that records large numbers of videos on their iPhone or iPad that they may not want on YouTube. The tool is easy to set up and it's optimized for iOS 7 so it looks and operates smoothly and without any slowdowns, making it one of the better free cloud storage options for video on the App Store.
When you download RealPlayer Cloud, you'll need to log in or register a new account. This is a process that takes a couple of minutes. You can connect directly to Facebook during registration as well, which will allow you to publish videos to Facebook or download them from your Facebook account to your phone or cloud account. After the relatively fast sign-up process, everything runs very smoothly. The app provides a short tutorial and you can start uploading videos, moving them to the cloud, streaming them to devices in your home, connecting to your devices to download videos, and more. Any video can be added to a collection, tagged, shared, or uploaded to a service of your choice and all uploading/downloading occurs in the background. With a sleek, modern interface, RealPlayer has produced one of the best cloud tools available for multimedia on the App Store.
If you record a lot of videos on your phone, then RealPlayer Cloud is a great free app for your phone. It's easy to use, fast, and offers 2GB of storage out of the box for free. While it's not a total cloud solution for all files, it's great for video lovers.
From Real Networks, Inc.:
RealPlayer Cloud enables you to move, watch and share your videos! Upload your videos to RealPlayer Cloud and watch them on your Windows computer, iPhone, iPad, other smartphones, TV through Roku, and popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. No more worrying about formatting or converting videos, or carrying HDMI and USB cables. It just works. Get 2 GB of space when you signup - free! Need more space? Use In-App Purchase to upgrade to RealPlayer Cloud 25 with your iTunes account. The RealPlayer Cloud 25 upgrades you to 25 GB of RealPlayer Cloud space for $49.99 / year. The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account. The subscription automatically renews after one year unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period for $49.99. You can manage your renewal settings by going to iTunes Account Settings. No cancellation or refunds are given during an active subscription period.Watch your videos on all your devices: Upload your videos to RealPlayer Cloud and watch them on your Windows computer, iPhone, iPad, other smartphones/ tablets and on any of the popular browsers. Add videos of any format to your collection in the cloud and it is automatically adjusted for your device screen-size, bandwidth and device type prior to playback. Supports all popular formats like FLV, WMV, MKV, DIVX, XVID, MOV, AVI and MP4.Play your videos on TV: Forget trying to connect a computer to a TV to watch your videos. Access RealPlayer Cloud on Roku or Chromecast and see your videos on the big screen no wires needed. Your HD videos in RealPlayer cloud are streamed to your TV using SurePlay technology making your viewing experience high quality and uninterrupted. Again, dont worry about the your video format, RealPlayer Cloud will just make it work.Videos on the go: Move your videos across any of your devices from your smartphone to your computer to your tablet All your devices on the same WiFi network can see each other. So you can easily download your videos to one device from the other. If you are on the go on the road or on an airplane, download videos from your RealPlayer Cloud to your device and watch them even when youre offline.Share your videos privately: You can record and share videos with your friends and family with just a few clicks. Your videos are shared privately and securely and no one else can see them except the people you chose. The receiver of your video gets an email, they open it and the video just plays. They can be on any device, they dont need the app and they dont even need to register for an account. Easily share your videos no matter how long they are. No need to publicly post them on YouTube or Facebook. Your friends can watch on any device or operating system, without downloading the RealPlayer Cloud app.Here's what the Press is saying about RealPlayer Cloud: I've been testing RealPlayer Cloud on all these devices I think RealPlayer Cloud is well-designed and makes storing and sharing videos easy across different devices. Walt Mossberg, Wall Street Journal With its new service, RealPlayer Cloud, the company is seeking to eliminate the hassles that can make sharing personal videos a challenge. Nick Wingfield, New York Times RealPlayer Cloud designed to facilitate seamless sharing and online storage for all of your non-DRM protected video. It's actually quite slick. Andrew Tarantola, Gizmodo The best thing about RealPlayer Cloud is its integrated SurePlay technology. With SurePlay built in, RealPlayer Cloud can play just about any video file on just about any device. Jaymar Cabebe, CNET
What's new in this version: New in version 1.4.45- App available in Spanish, French and German languages- Improved Chromecast stability- Bug fixes and performance improvementsSend us feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
More Products to Consider
- Snap photos and add cool effects with this app that makes getti...
- Put your face on a billboard, a stamp, or in a Warhol-like work...
- The coolest All-In-One photo app for all of us! FotoRus is the ...
- Make and share gorgeous photos on your iPhone.
- Make your own collages, photos, and more on Muzy. Over 20 milli...
- This application allows you to mix two (or more) pictures into ...
- Over 2 million users! EpocCam transforms your iOS device into w...
- Send private real-time pictures and video messages that self de...
- Store all your photos and videos in one place.
- Just took the perfect photo? Want to make it look the best it c...
- Turn your video and photos into beautiful edited movies automat...
- Download your favorite videos on the web.Video Download: - Supp...
- Now with video! Do amazing things with photos & text using Imag...
- XVideo can play almost any video file formats such as MP4,MOV,A...
- Top 10 Photography Apps in US and many countries for several mo...
- Photowerks: The Ultimate Photo Companion to the iPhone and iPad...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Create beautiful images to share via social networks.
- Canon CameraWindow (Canon CW) is a free application which enabl...
- Apply more than 40 cool effects to your full-resolution picture...
- Add personality to your photo edits.
- Enhance your photos to create fun and unique works of art.
- Make your photos more stunning.
- The Original Cloning App with over 15 MILLION satisfied users! ...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Not bad, but not good enough"
Version: RealPlayer Cloud 1.4.45
- You can stream your videos on many devices such as the Roku, Chromecast, Android, etc.
- Downloads and converts videos easily, however, other free utilities can do better.
- 2 GB of Cloud Storage, which can be easily expanded.
- Comes bundled with optional offers from OpenCandy in the installer, which I don't really like.
- 15 Minute limitation on all videos on PC and Web to prevent "piracy"
- Sells your name, age, country, sex, pc statistics and browsing habits to third-party companies. I don't like that.
Not the best option out there. I recommend using something else.
"Nice idea. Needs work."
Version: RealPlayer Cloud 1.4.45
A great concept. Personal storage of videos across several devices.
The best name for this App would be "Real player cloud has stopped working". Freezes and crashes regularly. No longer has the ability to "add to now playing". Each video has to be individually selected, unless you create a playlist. Whereas, you could customize each session by adding a video to now playing. Crash, crash, crash. Fix it !!
Needs work. Nice idea. Crashes and stops working all too often.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content