REAL3D SCANNER allows you to make your own 3D scanner with a single camera and a video projector. It provides you a complete platform to do research on 3D scanning systems and helps you to analyze different parameters involved in SL 3D scanning. It is also an extensible mesh and points processing system that can perform smoothing, cleaning, filtering, decimation, reconstruction from points, registration, merging, and hole filling, etc. It has ability to import and export more than 60 well-known 3D geometry file formats, including (3D PDF ready) U3D, PLY, STL, OBJ, OFF, 3DS, WRL, COLLADA, X3D, IV. It also allows you to view, convert, edit, and enhance 2D images in 3D environment. It has an array of features that include image viewing, smoothing, noise removal, edge detection, resizing, and color adjustments.
What's new in this version:
- Now scanned objects can be remeshed with colors preservation.
- Fixes and changes in live camera module.
- Added color support in point clouds file format.
- Added 7-step phase-shifting method to scan 3D objects.
- Inverted mouse zooming direction.
- Fixes in point cloud smoothing.
- Added 3D scanning from a AVI video file.
- Fixed minor bug in import file filters.
- Many changes in GUI, and several changes and improvement... See all new features »