CNET Editors' review
Passwords are the computer user's eternal paradox. If you make a password easy enough to remember, it's likely not very secure. If it's a strong password, you'll be prone to forgetting it--unless you write it on a notepad next to your computer, which again compromises your security. Random Password Generator is an extremely easy-to-use program that can help you create strong passwords and keep them stored securely.
When we first launched Random Password Generator we were prompted to create a master password that would protect the password manager from prying eyes. The program has an intuitive tabbed interface, and we had no trouble getting started. The password generator tab lets you customize your passwords by selecting the length and whether or not to include lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, and punctuation. The program can generate up to 100 passwords at a time. Once the passwords were generated, the program let us associate them with particular accounts by entering our username and a note about the name of the account. A colored block next to each entry indicated the strength of each password, a useful feature if you want to evaluate passwords that you're already using. It's easy to get your passwords from the password manager and into your log-in screen, too; the program lets users copy their usernames and passwords so that they can be pasted directly into the desired location. You can also export and print lists of your passwords. Random Password Generator doesn't have a Help file, but that's okay; everything about it is intuitive. Overall, we liked Random Password Generator very much. It's easy enough for just about anyone to use, but it provides an important defense against identity theft, credit card fraud, and other perils of the Internet.
Random Password Generator installs and uninstalls without issues.
Random Password Generator is developed with IObit security technology to help computer users keep privacy by creating powerful password and easy to manage password tool. You will never be worried about the troublesome passwords any more. Random Password Generator helps you keep the secrets safe and in order. You can create password and then you can store the created password in your database where you can manage the password by adding matched ID or remark. Random Password Generator is designed with the following security options to make a random, strong and safe password. The Password Generator allows you to securely and easily create powerful passwords which are not easy to be cracked. The Password Manager manages your passwords and IDs with editable remark to keep your passwords safe and in order which makes it easy and convenient to manage your IDs and passwords. The Password Checker indicates how strong the created password is. It will remark the lower powered passwords to remind you improve the security and safety. The privacy protected is built with a front box with password required to access this tool to keep your password management spectacled by other people who happen to use your computer. A six minimum entrance password is needed when first opening the software.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3:
- Improved Support for Windows 8
- Fixed general bugs
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 17 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Dishonestly tries to install toolbars during setup."
Version: Random Password Generator 1.3
Never installed, no feedback.
Tries to install toolbars dishonestly on setup. Most unsophisticated users would miss it.
"Useful if you want to quickly generate passwords."
Version: Random Password Generator 1.3
Regular password changes are the one of the only ways to keep ahead of the hacker weasels who seem to delight in worming their way into anyone and everyone's computers from 8 year olds to Uncle Sam. Rather than spending a great deal of time and imagination trying to come up with enough of them to keep your data reasonably secure on a regular basis Random Password Generator does this for you quickly and easily.
While it does do it's namesake function pretty efficiently, do not rely on it's secure storage of your Randomly Generated Passwords. Getting into that is actually laughably simple.
Choosing the number of places for your passwords, using as many different types of characters from letters in upper and lower case, numbers and symbols as well as changing the passwords on a regular basis is an excellent way to foil attempts to get into your data. While some places limit your choices by not allowing one or more types of characters, some don't allow symbols, others numbers just limits your password effectiveness. To get around this change them regularly. Rely on a storage system other than the native one the program offers you. Other than that, it is pretty handy and easy to use.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content