CNET Editors' review
Anyone who's ever written a story knows how hard it is to make up names for characters. If you're having trouble coming up with one, you can use the Random Name Generator. It will give you a long list of names, but most of them won't work for what you need. The program itself has a bunch of hang-ups that limit its usefulness.
Your antivirus program might flag this program as a malicious download, but when we were running Random Name Generator, nothing came up worth being concerned about. Whether you click the Normal, Odd, or Strange button, it churns out five names that more closely resemble gibberish. You'll be lucky to find one name in every batch that you can actually use.
When your security software flags a program, it might make you think twice about using the program. If you get that urge when using Random Name Generator, go with it. The program isn't even really useful as a novelty, let alone an actual tool for writers or programmers. Using a friend's name or cruising Wikipedia for names would even be a better solution.
From Zeta Centauri:
Random Name Generator is a creative application that lets you come up with new names for use in RPGs, novels, games, scripts or other writing projects. It has three different methods of generating names that let you create anything from names that can easily be said out loud to those that are nearly impossible to pronounce.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Choose a meaningful name for your baby with help from this prog...
- Balance up all spheres of activities in your life.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Generate and export a grid of cells.
- Interpret shortcut information of the renamed shortcut applicat...
- Finds the path to the program uninstaller.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Adding breakline symbols in AutoCAD.
- Locate and fix dead pixels.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not in English"
Version: Random Name Generator 1.0
Can't read it, so don't know. Maybe it's great for those who speak Croatian, Polish, Russian or whatever language it might be.
Not in English or even a Latin-based language that I could understand or guess at.Maybe it's great for those who speak Croatian, Polish, Russian or whatever language it might be.
Isn't there an English option? The buttons were in English, the names were in some unusual (for me) foreign language.