CNET Editors' review
Rainlendar Lite offers not only a fantastic desktop calendar, but also a helpful reminder system. With a familiar layout and useful tools, this program is certain to keep you organized.
The program's interface is simple with intuitive commands. We had no problem finding and navigating this semitranslucent calendar and a to-do list as it nestled into our desktop. Programming the alarm and task lists felt like operating Microsoft Outlook, because the menus mimic that program. With only a few mouse clicks and some times and dates we had our calendar full of reminders. We like how the reminders are impossible to miss since they pop up in front whatever we were working on and play a sound we designated. We also toyed with its great hot-keys feature, which allowed us to quickly designate hot keys and completely ignore our mouse. The overall package was simple, effective, and helpful.
Rainlendar Lite is a freeware program. The program leaves folders behind after uninstall.
Rainlendar is a feature rich calendar application that is easy to use and doesn't take much space on your desktop. The application is platform independent so you can run it on all major operating systems: Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. The appearance can be customized with skins and you can even mix different skins together. It is possible to use Rainlendar with other calendar applications too. Rainlendar uses the standard iCalendar format to store its events and tasks so you can easily transfer them between applications. Rainlendar is a unicode application and supports localization so you can use it in your own language. All the future events are shown in a separate list where you can see the week's events at one glance. You can decide how many days in advance you want to see in the list. Different events can have a different appearance in the list so you can easily spot the important events from the others. The icons in the calendar are also available in the event list and other windows to make it easier to separate the events. You can also have a separate list for your long term tasks. The task list can be arranged several ways so that you can keep it better organized. You can also set a due date for the tasks to make sure you'll remember to do them on time. You'll also get an alarm when an event or task is due so that you don't miss it. The alarm can be defined to be set off any duration before the actual event so you have time to prepare for it. And that's not all. Check the list of features and the gallery for a better overview of all the things Rainlendar can do. If you find it useful go to the download page and get yourself a copy.
What's new in this version: Version 2.11 build 128 brings new manager and large calendar skin.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Calculate your auto loan using variable rates, taxes, and other...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 85 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I Luv How it Looks on My Desktop"
Version: Rainlendar Lite 2.11
This is just what I wanted and I can place the calendar anywhere on my Desktop and I prefer it to be in the lower right hand corner. In addition it allows me to move the events' info too. I really was sad when Second Nature Desktop Screen Savers went out of business cause I used that for many years and this seems to be a great replacement. It works well, so far with Win 8, so we will see.
none so far
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content