CNET Editors' review
Raimersoft's RadioMaximus is free software that allows you to not only listen but to record online radio stations from all over the world. While it may not have the sleek design of other players, we found it to be easy to use and very flexible.
RadioMaximus proved very easy to set up and configure. It has the look and feel of a Windows Explorer directory, with a small pane on the left showing the available folders and a row of buttons to execute commands like Record or Add Station. It may not be the prettiest interface we've seen, but we'll take plain and easy-to-use over sleek and confusing any day. Once you add your favorite stations, your list will show the logo of the station to make it easier to visually find the one you want. We also liked that the cover art of music currently be played is displayed as well. The real benefits of this free player, however, are the options to record. As promised, RadioMaximus allowed us to schedule several shows to record at the same time. More importantly, they played without any glitches once recorded.
It does require at least a Windows XP operating system, but that's the only drawback we found with this free software. Otherwise, RadioMaximus is a perfect entertainment tool for those who follow several online radio stations and want to stay on top of all the latest music and information. The application installs and uninstalls cleanly.
RadioMaximus allows you to listen to and record radio stations from around the world, listen to and record multiple stations simultaneously, create a schedule for automatic recording, support for Lastfm, bookmarks songs, listen to them later (available for most songs), and shows station logos in your favorites.
What's new in this version: Version 1.85 has fixed some minor bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Record audio streams from online radio stations.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Watch TV channels, live sports, latest movies, listen to radio ...
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Record your own voice, music, or any other internal / external ...
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Play your favorite audio and video files on PC.
- Convert between CUE sheet format files.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- All-in-one digital audio application to extract audio from vide...
- Search for and find required audio files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Read text aloud and save the spoken speech as mp3 and wav audio...
- Get a movie player with built in codecs.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Enrich your VSTi library with an additive synthesizer.
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- Allows customers to add additional application support.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
Version: RadioMaximus 1.84
Didn't use--had to uninstall.(see below)
"CNET installer" Downloads malware to your computer: Claro search, which installs itself into all your browsers, etc.
"Lots of good stations to choose from"
Version: RadioMaximus 1.83
variety of stations, clear signals, easy to use interface
Would be nice to identify non-commerical stations
"Simply, the best radio management app for Windows!"
Version: RadioMaximus 1.80
* User-friendly UI.
* Extensive features make it a complete and solid package.
* Much better than commercial apps.
Nothing till now.
"Excellent Online Radio Service. The best there is.."
Version: RadioMaximus 1.80
Simple and quick interface with various options to search for music - by Genre, Station, Artist/Album search etc. Has integration with last.fm and it's channels are available for listening. Very good listening quality and streams well whether the station plays at 24 or 192 bits. You can set your favorite channels or even schedules and make customized playlists of channels and tracks.
The recordings have excellent quality and works well, the ones I tried recording from the music search feature included the ID3 tags as well!
None at all.
"Best on-line radio receiver I have ever seen or heard."
Version: RadioMaximus 1.75
Rasy to use, discreet on the PC screen and impeccable sound
I have not yet come up against any problems, I am very satisfied
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content