From RTG Data Systems:
RTG Bills is a time and billing program for sole practitioners and law firms. You can enter hourly rates, fixed fees, and expenses. Rates are taken from a rate table, up to 99 rate tables can be created. RTG Timer lets you time your work as you do it. RTG Timer communicates with RTG Bills over a network, or it can be used standalone on a home computer, or on a laptop computer while you travel.
What's new in this version: Version 2.25 has hidden inactive timekeepers and improved sequence numbers.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Manage all aspects of a law firm with the click of a mouse.
- Manage an unlimited number of legal cases and clients.
- Manage and automate your law firm's billing.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Get all the forms you need for life's legal needs.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Manage your firm's legal cases with an easy tool with more than...
- Watch hi-resolution images of the Old Bailey.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Forecast the impact of billing fee changes on revenue, profit, ...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Accelerate the writing of XSLT code.
- Customize and update your organizers with multiple features.
- Increase your typing speed by making your computer automaticall...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Store, edit, and update your credit bureau reports.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Manage billing of your services and expenses.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-8 of 8
"Fabulous program for solo lawyers."
Version: RTG Bills And RTG Timer 2.24
I read the one negative review that had no "pros" and that prompted my review. This program does everything I need it to do and is very user friendly. The developer provides lightning fast responses to e-mail inquiries. I regret that I did not discover it until I had used my CPA's outdated software which was pretty much worthless and pricey to use.
The only con that quickly comes to mind is the process by which you convert a bill to pdf in order to e-mail it. It seems it could be much easier and faster.
AS I said before, my big problem is I didn't discover it until relatively recently. It does everything I want and is very easy to use. The bills are very professional looking and I can easily access data.
"Easy enough for a Lawyer to use. Good Customer service"
Version: RTG Bills And RTG Timer 2.23
1. Very gentle learning curve. Easy to learn how to post time and descriptions.
2. Reasonably fast response from customer service. I suspect we deal direct with the main programmer. They have even customized statement and reports for us.
3. Handles multiple matters with separate billings, all summary billed for one client.
4. Does split billing, which can be very hard to find and is a make or break deal for Guardian ad Litem work.
5. Has a stopwatch function to keep track of your time.
6.Can be set up for multiple users WITHOUT going to some type of expensive network configuration software.
7. Easy installation
8. Handles Trust Accounting.
9. Can be carried on a laptop and entries updated to a different computer
10. Can be cloud based.
11. There are a lot of other features that are pretty common to all good programs and some that are surprises.
There are a few "wish list" items, but these are not problems:
There are no case management functions, or integrated conflict checks
It does not integrate with outlook or other calendars so appointments can be automatically billed from them.
Don't let the low cost fool you. This is a fully functional Time and Billing program. What is important is what it is not. It is not a case management or accounting program. I looked at over a dozen programs including Time matters, Abacus, Practicemaster / Tabs3 and some of the other lesser knowns like Workcentrics, Billtrackerpro and CLIO. Some of these integrated those functions, but that often seemed to over complicate the process, especially for a small practice. This seems to be a good blend of simplicity with enough functionality to get more than just basic billing done. Case management can always be handled with Outlook or a stand alone program.
Check the ABA Tech Forums.
"Terrible program. Doesn't work."
Version: RTG Bills And RTG Timer 2.23
None that I could see.
Strange interface with Turbotax (see below). Data entry had minimal prompts and instructions. Not user friendly.
Total crap.The program had some weird interface with 2006 Turbotax It's Deductible, right out of the gate. It tried to open that program, which wouldn't load. I pressed cancel, and it took me to the data entry window, which wasn't user friendly. I don't want to deal with a program that has a glitch before I even open it the first time. I don't really care why it had the issue. I don't want to waste time trying to figure it out and fix it. Give me something that works from the first time I open it, please, even in the "trial" version. And what's with using an out of date link to another program that wasn't supplied with the software? Makes no sense to me.
"Basic, simple, foolproof"
Version: RTG Bills And RTG Timer 2.23
We have a small law office, and handle criminal defense and civil litigation. This program is perfect for us - simple, basic, and easy on system resources. RTG Timer and RTG Bills do everything we need, and don't need updates every day.
The client list on RTG Timer Ver. 2.16 does not allow you to scroll down - you have to click the "down" or "up" button. This is a nuisance.
RTG Timer and RTG Bills give you great value for the money. Am happy with the product and have no plans to change.
"Great Legal Billing Program - Outstanding Support"
Version: RTG Bills And RTG Timer 2.21
Program has all the functionality of much larger and much more expensive programs - including everything you need for handling retainers $$$.
None, really - This product is perfect for the solo on up.
Bottom-line. If your'e looking for an excellent legal billing program which can grow with you, along with top customer support, you've just found it.
Several add-ons (many free) are available from the website to enhance reports, and useability. The customer service is second to none - I have had several questions answered within minutes at all times of the day.
Version: RTG Bills And RTG Timer 2.17a
This billing and timing software works great for our law firm, we?ve been using it for 5 years. I highly recommend it.
Version: RTG Bills And RTG Timer 2.16
Cost effective, easy to use, stable, base version is network-ready.
I haven't liked Timeslips since the DOS versions. Too clunky in the Windows incarnations. Had been using Seabill, but needed to upgrade to a network version, and didn't want to spend the $.
Bills are not as snappy looking as Seabill's
Version: RTG Bills And RTG Timer 2.13
We've been using RTG for two years. This is really well thought out and well written legal billing software. Easy to use and inexpensive. Works great in our small Family Law practice. We love it!
RTG saved money on there graphics, smile.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content