CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
From Studio Six Digital:
Real Time Analyzer for iPhone. This is the free version of our popular and highly rated RTA app. It includes octave and 1/3 octave modes and iPhone mic compensation. Using ANSI type 1 or better filters, this RTA is very accurate, even in this lite version, since it uses the engine from our full version. Use it to check your sound system, monitor audio, and adjust your car audio system. Try this out, and if you like it you can always upgrade to our full RTA version, or to AudioTools, which includes the full RTA and a lot more. The full version adds Pink Noise generation, graph zooming, dB/frequency cursor, Max/Min bars, noise curve overlays, Save and Recall of 10 graphs, external mic support, overall SPL A&C dB readout, and decay options including slower decay, and peak hold and average modes. *** iPhone mic Frequency Compensation Filter RTA uses a special frequency-compensation filter to flatten the iPhone mic. Make sure you select Internal on the setup page. RTA is designed by the same team that built the Audio Toolbox acoustic analyzer. *** Specifications and Devices The internal iPhone mic has a noise floor near 30 dB, and clips around 105 dB. So, be aware that this tool will NOT work in very loud environments, such as clubs or some concerts. RTA will work on first-generation iPhone, but always use the headset mic, as the built-in mic runs at a low sample rate. If you have an iPod Touch 2nd generation, use a headset mic, and if you have a first generation iPod Touch, you must use one of the dock-connector microphones and be running OS 2.2 or later.
What's new in this version: ** Improved microphone compensation filters ** Sped up response of graph display ** Bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Find and play Internet video.
- Watch DStv Mobile's or GOtv Mobile's DVB-H mobile television br...
- Play and record MIDI files with a piano simulation.
- Convert RM to MP3, MPEG to MP3, and other video to audio format...
- Analyze you and your partner inherent characteristics to judge ...
- Learn how to play and practice playing on fretted instruments.
- Use your photo images to show you what makeup and hair style an...
- Get professional statistics reporting for your cricket club, te...
- Manage leagues of various kinds of sports.
- Create and check your personal lottery number selections.
- Watch real strippers stripping directly on your computer taskba...
- Improve your music skills by playing songs while staying in tun...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content