DIAB Query Analytics was designed to assist DBA's, and SQL developers with code review. It is a fast way to quickly scan a large script containing a mix of different objects. It is also an excellent SOX tool as it will quickly display code that may alter security. Although it will not parse the code, it will analyze the code for things that parsing does not see. Below is a short list.
1. Look for statements that will alter permissions,
2. Apply best practice rules of logic to the code, and identify poorly written statements.
3. Compare relations against each other and identify unequal data types and missing indexes.
4. Will identify Table and clustered index scans.
5. Will create a listing of all tables, columns, relational statements, and indexes found so you have quick access to most objects called within the script.
6. Will identify non-sargable code.
7. Will display commands that will modify data. Use for deploying BI only code, or replication servers that should never be updated.