CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
Project NOAH for Android (Public BETA)Enabling the mobility of Project NOAH. The official mobile version (native Android) of Project NOAH website (noah.dost.gov.ph) though without the Flood Map features.Brought to you by DOST, PAGASA and Project NOAH in partnership with and support of Smart Communications Inc. through the Smart Developer Network (SMARTDevNet). Developed by Rolly Rulete.Project NOAHs (Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards) mission is to undertake disaster science research and development, advance the use of cutting edge technologies and recommend innovative information services in government's disaster prevention and mitigation efforts. Though the use of science and technology and in partnership with the academe and other stakeholders, the DOST through Program NOAH is taking a multi-disciplinary approach in developing systems, tools, and other technologies that could be operationalized by government to help prevent and mitigate disasters.FEATURES:1. Map View - PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility) - Overview (MTSAT, Rainfall Contour, Chance of Rain, etc) - Doppler (Subic, Tagaytay, Cebu, Hinatuan) - Sensors (Weather Stations, Stream Gauges, Rain Gauges) - Weather Outlook (Probablity of Rain, PAGASA Typhoon Forecast)2. List View - Almost same with Map View but presented as list for ease of use.3. News - DOST-PAGASA - ClimateX - PAGASA-FFWS (Flood Forecasting and Warning Section)4. Help - Help articles and guidelines5. Info - Information Dashboard - Useful links and contents* plus status notifications for "Probability of Rain"* share screenshot (in almost all views) or text contents (News) via applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bluetooth, Gmail, etc)* the app is themeable! (Holo Light [default theme] OR Holo Dark)* supports animated overlays (MTSAT, Doppler, Chance of Rain)* improved caching for performance and offline usage* very flexible Settingskeywords: DOST, PAGASA, NOAH, nababaha, ClimateX, MMDA, NDRRMC, SMART, SMART DevNetRecent changes:v1.0.4b* Initial Release (Public BETA)v1.0.5b* fix loading error in News for DOST-PAGASA and CLIMATEX.PH (PAGASAFFWS news feed loading error may still persist)* minor updates in Info contents* minor updates in Settingsv1.0.6b* fix PAGASAFFWS twitter news feed error* improvement in "Current Location" loading in Map View* other minor improvements and bug fixesContent rating: Medium Maturity
What's new in this version: v1.0.4b* Initial Release (Public BETA)v1.0.5b* fix loading error in News for DOST-PAGASA and CLIMATEX.PH (PAGASAFFWS news feed loading error may still persist)* minor updates in Info contents* minor updates in Settingsv1.0.6b* fix PAGASAFFWS twitter news feed error* improvement in "Current Location" loading in Map View* other minor improvements and bug fixes
More Products to Consider
- Edit and share photos virtually anywhere. Access them all on Ph...
- Read Kindle books on your Android devices.
- **Visit http://www.arcusweather.com to follow and support devel...
- Provide you a sets of cognitive synonyms.
- AccuWeather for Android, your source for accurate and localized...
- Keep update with current weather situation.
- Sexy girls in all weather and temperature - check now!.
- Use the LED light on your phone as a torch light.
- Sunset / Sunrise - be always up to date.
- TIP: If your location is wrong at the beginning, exit and re-op...
- Brings every season to life with instant forecasts combined wit...
- Turn you Android mobile device into a LED flashlight.
- Arcus hyper-local weather forecasts gives you the most precise ...
- This is the official Young Turks Android app.The Young Turks (W...
- Android Weather is a stylish Weather app. Its currently in beta...
- Download the official Despicable Me weather widget.
- Provide you the news from Los Angeles as it happen.
- A simple app with a very interesting collection of over 700 ran...
- Provide you the news from Cincinnati on your Android device as ...
- A decade of hail data in your pocket! WDT has been tracking hai...
- Download official Rediff News application and follow India as i...
- Get an Android application to measure the performance of your v...
- Read the latest news on your Android device.
- Provide you the latest news on your Android device as it happen...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great weather apps here in the Philippines!"
Version: Project NOAH 1.0.5b (Public BETA)
Fast downloads, simple and easy to follow menu, all info needed on weather forecast, probability of rain, and actual and real-time doppler image are available. Great tool in planning outdoor actvities.
Obviously, data given only applicable for Philippines.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content