CNET Editors' review
Project Manager for Excel is a scheduling tool that opens directly into Microsoft Excel. It's designed to help with project management.
We like that this application is compatible with a commonly used program like Excel, but its interface is too minimal. We created a few sample project listings with Project Manager, but we couldn't figure out how to create subcategories within the project listings. There's no Help file. We visited the program's Web site and found minimal information that didn't answer our questions. We couldn't edit individual cells of data in the initial spreadsheet. When we tried, the program informed us that the sheet was locked and said we needed to unprotect it. When we tried to unprotect it, we were prompted for a password, which we didn't have. The experience was frustrating. There's an Export option; selecting it opens a new sheet containing your initial data. Once you do this, you can edit data cells. There's also an option to save spreadsheets as PDFs, which makes the Export option confusing and misleading. Without accessible instructions or Help, we were unable to ascertain what was the true purpose of the Export option.
This is a 21-day trial version of the software. It installs and uninstalls with no problems. All the problems with this program lie in trying to use it. Overall, our experience with this program was frustrating. Project Manager for Excel is supposed to make project management with Excel easier, but this program is not intuitive to use at all.
From DJI Computer Solutions:
Project Manager for Excel is a software application written for Microsoft Excel that simplifies project planning, tracking and management. It provides a method for prioritizing, assigning, dating and tracking all the tasks associated with your various projects. It can serve as a simple prioritized to do list with built in scheduled reminders or work as a full featured project manager. Its customizable user-friendly, intuitive interface makes the program fast and easy to use. It is completely compatible with Excel 97/2000/XP/2003/2007 and higher. It's ideal for keeping track of all your projects and related tasks both at home and in your business It's easy to use and will operate invisibly in the background to remind you of all your important project tasks.
Version 3.2b has improved date handling when creating project templates and new projects and added spell checking capabilities.
What's new in this version: Version 3.2d fixed a problem with 24 hour times in some foreign languages and improved context sensitive help functionality in Excel 2010.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- View and print PowerPoint presentations.
- Convert your PDF files into various image formats.
- Do a close monitoring of activities happening on your computers...
- Create a gantt chart for your project using this simple Excel s...
- Enhance MS Excel functions.
- Make your Excel works easier and faster with over 300 extra too...
- Manage, secure and share documents.
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Spice up your database apps with nice icons.
- Find and replace values in Excel worksheets without even openin...
- Design and create more productive business visuals with the wor...