From Experience In Software:
Project KickStart Pro's planning wizard, intuitive Gantt chart, customizable reports, and exports to programs that you use make it a great choice for anyone with a project to plan. Brainstorm and plan project details. Project KickStart's 6-step planning wizard provides a framework for brainstorming and planning project tasks. You'll identify goals, anticipate potential obstacles and assign tasks to resources. Whether you're a project planning novice or a seasoned pro, you'll be amazed at how quickly you will be able to create a clear action plan.
What's new in this version: Version 5.0 includes UI improvements and other enhancements, additions, and fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Build lists of dependencies, search and display DLL and OCX fil...
- Manage small projects in your business.
- Create project plans, schedule tasks and manage resources all o...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Copper is the web's best project management software tool desig...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Manage processes of residential construction business.
- Learn how to manage your projects from planning to closure.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Manage your projects with this software.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Monitor and keep track of the amount of tasks or projects you h...
- Add a tab to your Page Info window that lists files loaded to d...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Visualize mathematical functions and their dependencies.
- Pull tasks from Microsoft Project and create easy to read repor...
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Schedule projects and resources automatically.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Project KickStart intuitive, great planning module"
Version: Project KickStart Pro 5.0
The project planning wizard is a great feature, makes the software invaluable. Many of the programs on the market take you straight to the Gantt chart for building a schedule. Helped my think of things I overlooked, Nice logical process.
Interface could be a little jazzier, but not a deal breaker. The interface is very intuitive, I never felt overwhelmed by the software.
I really liked Project KickStart. It was intuitive to use, has a helpful project planning wizard, Gantt chart, status reports, etc. Earlier reviewer mentioned software bugs but honestly I didn't have any problems. Saw that my build date is later than the previous reviewer and the publisher's posting mentioned earlier problems had been fixed.
If you're overwhelmed by Microsoft Project or feel you want a less expensive program, I recommend you check-out Project KickStart. My project plan was a tradeshow for recruiting volunteers for a school district. They liked the concept and it was implemented.
"Project KickStart Pro version 5 -- *severe* problems"
Version: Project KickStart Pro 5.0
Project KickStart software takes you through the key project planning steps one at a time. At the end you get a Gantt chart -- a clear and attractive graphical display of all project tasks in a calendar format.
There's only one problem. If you try to edit the tasks you have set up, the software goes haywire. You'll be fighting with it all night to make simple changes.
-- Changing the duration or start date of one task sometimes, but not always, changes the duration of the following task.
-- You can enter a delay or "lead time" value between tasks in a task information window, for example 1 day to let paint dry. However the schedule does not display the value you entered. When you re-open the window, the lead time value has been changed by the software.
-- You can make or break links between tasks, which indicates that one task cannot start until the previous task is finished. However breaking the links between two tasks often breaks the links in all the tasks that follow, forcing you to reset all the links manually.
-- Copying and pasting a "phase" (or set of tasks) loses all the essential information, including task duration and links. Rather than copy and paste, it's almost worth retyping the whole thing.
I could go on and on. Experience in Software, Inc., has a lot of work to get this turkey off the ground. This is a very promising software package, but wait till the version after 5.0.1 (dated 06/10/09) before you consider buying.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: