Building on a discussion at www.macintouch.com, this application will check your preference files (both in your user's preference folder and the system's preference folder) for corruption by using the "plutil" command line tool. If it finds suspect files, it will list the files and allow you to reveal them in the Finder or move them to the trash. You may also double-click on a file in the found files table to open it in the application of your choice (you can designate the default application from the preferences). There is also an option to save the results of a scan to a text file. (Note: if you trash a file before saving a report, the report will not include information on the file you moved to the trash.)
Please see http://homepage.mac.com/jonn8/as/ for more information.
What's new in this version:
- Improved compatibility on some non-English systems.
- Eliminated the ability to customize the script that is run to minimize security issues.
- Eliminated the dependency on the BSD Subsystem.
- Added the option to include every file checked (even files with no problems) to the results table (see preferences).
- Improved progress bars.
- Added the ability to cancel a scan in progress.
- Added links to the plutil man page (see the He... See all new features »