From Alec Hole:
PreMinder is an easy to use calendar program. It features monthly, weekly, yearly and custom week views. You can store styled text and small images in your reminders, and set events to be a certain typeface or color. Other features include import and sync with iCal calendars (and by extension any devices such as phones those calendars are set to sync with), the ability to import birthdays from the Address Book, simple drag-and-drop multi-day spans (banner events), repeating events, multiple calendars and a fast search system. Alarms can be created for events which can be set to go off a certain amount of time before an event, or several times before an event, and they which can either alert you (Growl notification is supported), or send out emails or launch files or URLs.
What's new in this version:
- Added option to detach an event from a repeating event so it can have different times, date, text or other information.
- Added Preferences option for setting custom colours for date numbers in the Calendar window.
- Exceptions to repeating events, such as one event moving to a different date, are now synced to external calendars such as iCloud. However, there are some ongoing issues with iCal linking to Google calendar which mean that exceptions to repeating events may not transfe... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Transcribe audio recordings and control audio playback with a f...
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Record, store, and manage contact information.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Good conventional Calendar program"
Version: PreMinder 1.1.4
Displaying Anniversaries and Birthdays, computing the age from birthdate/anniversary date
Would like to print multiple months at one time, say from month/year to month/year.
I use it as a family calendar and not as a scheduler. I have yet to find another application at a reasonable price with all the features I am looking for.
"PreMinder is the best for Mac's"
Version: PreMinder 0.8.6
Ability to edit theme colors, add any event, add visual and audio alerts, owner contacts you directly if any reports are sent.
Absolutely nothing, as this program keeps improving.
I've been using PreMinder on my different Mac's since they launched. It is the most attractive, user-friendly calendar that exports directly to iCal (great for back-up, but never had to use). When used with Growl, one can set alerts for important dates and appointments. I've used PreMinder from Tiger OS X 11.4.8 through Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.1. Any and all glitches/bugs (I've had only one with Snow Leopard) reported are immediately fixed by the owner, Alec Hole. One can change the theme to just about any color and view. It's not only the best calender for Mac's, but it is also free. Alec must be a humble person, as I cannot find a Donate button anywhere.Correction: that should be Tiger OS X 10.4.11
Updated on Nov 1, 2009
"Better than ical"
Version: PreMinder 0.8
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
The GUI is much better in some ways than ical, which I never really liked. I can actually adjust the background and text colors, as well as modify the text so that certain events are easier to find and pop out better than ical.
Because there is a sea of numbers in the main window, at first, it is a bit distracting because it is not quite in the common wall calendar format that one is so accustomed to. Perhaps if this were slightly modified to match such, it might be easier to take in events at a glance.
Navigating inside the calendar is messy and this is the main weakness as for what I experience when I want to scroll back or forward from month to month. One can navigate using the large date tag in the upper left-hand corner but this is confusing because one is switching between working with different formats of information, which is a problem.
The "span" tool works but it is not apparent just what it does at first glance. Perhaps there might be a better way to make this more apparent than just clicking around with it as I did.
Importing ical events has some problems but I am sure the developer will work those out, thus I mention them in passing only.
A better program icon could only help (for the application).
This is a really good free-ware effort, IMHO. Well done.
"Like It A Lot!"
Version: PreMinder 0.6.7
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Really enjoying learning and using this great app. One of the easiest PIM I've used. The ability to type in your notes and have the app recognize and assign clock times automatically to events and add them to your planner/scheduler is a nice feature. Also like the slider that lets you navigate to different months or custom set events a great time saver too.
To top off all this goodness is the built in Growl support. I can't emphasize enough how important this is. I hope more and more developers add Growl support to their apps!
Thanks for this great app and for continuing to develop it!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content