CNET Editors' note: The multiplayer demo for Praetorians lets you play the Crossroads map against human or computer controlled players.
From Eidos Interactive:
Praetorians is an epic 3D strategy game set at the time of Julius Caesar's campaigns to expand the frontier's of the Roman Empire. Taking on the role of a Roman General you are transported back to the deserts of Egypt, the frozen lands of the Gauls and to the heart of the Empire itself, Italy. The lands you seek to conquer will be heavily defended by thousands of troops, all with special skills and individual strengths. Fortresses and war machines will stand in your path as you lead your army in a quest for the glory of Rome.
You will command the forces not only of Rome, but also of the ferocious Gaulish tribes and the religiously fanatical Egyptians. The path to victory depends on the strategies you choose, the tactics and troop formations you decide upon, and whether you learn to combine your forces and exploit your enemy's weaknesses.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Take on the role of a Roman General to control three different ...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Establish a base and try to take over a post-nuclear Earth in t...
- Play a squad-based fantasy game that follows the life of Connac...
- Play 588 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Choose between Marines or aliens in this multiplayer-only Half-...
- Wipe out the final traces of human existence in Lordaeron in th...
- This real-time strategy game features three playable races with...
- Change the types of barbarians in the turn-based strategy game.
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"its good in action and major combat but the enemy A I is smart"
Version: Praetorians multiplayer demo
i liked the combat expierience the AI gains after much combat in the field and the interface is cool.
you cant make any eleite units like gladiators or camel riders and the AI is hard to deafeat on ur own without having to push ur pop. in the villages to 0