From SciGen Technologies:
PosterGenius is a user-friendly software application that helps you create great scientific posters in less than 10 minutes. PosterGenius separates the content from the design of the poster and enables the user to focus on research results while the application automatically optimizes and manages all the rest: design and appearance, dynamic flow and placement of text, images, captions, tables and graphs, font printing and other parameters. With PosterGenius: You'll never have to start on a white page. PosterGenius has a dead-simple wizard guiding you through all the basic setup of your poster. In just a few steps, you 're done defining dimensions, authors and affiliations as well as the order and titling of your sections. You won't need to battle with text boxes. Forget about creating text boxes and moving them around. PosterGenius features a powerful layout engine, which arranges and aligns your content in columns. You won't have to struggle with positioning your images and captions. PosterGenius automatically positions, scales and aligns your images and captions. You won't worry about making your poster look good. With an ever-expanding library of some of the best templates for scientific posters around And it even offers easy ways to adjust those templates with your own images and colors.
What's new in this version: New version fixing minor issues.
More Products to Consider
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Edit your astro images and add star effects on it.
- Post and display your daily visions, goals, motivational messag...
- Create high-quality panoramas from a set of overlapping digital...
- Pick a color and get its code easily.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Image driver.
- Application for creating flowcharts & diagrams.
- Keep track of employees in your HR department.
- Create high dynamic range images from your bracketed photos.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Good if you only have 20 minutes and low standards."
Version: PosterGenius 1.5
Easy to copy and paste writing from another source.
Usual poster sections are suggested.
Layout flows and adjusts as you add and remove content.
Tells you if your text is readable at a reasonable poster-viewing distance.
Software is clunky at best:
Image file format support is spotty.
Positioning and Scaling images is frustrating.
Font management is nearly impossible.
Text alignment and positioning is impossible.
Nearly all text must be the same size.
Refresh/Preview is frustratingly manual.
Interface gets really slow.
Interface is awkward and not well-designed.
Sometimes crashes (v1.5)
I created a research poster and presented at a poster session using this software. I am an experienced software user. My opinion is that PosterGenius is several major versions away from being minimally usable. I would rate it as Alpha software (no, not even Beta). That being said, it's great if you need something passable in 20 minutes and don't care much about the final product except that your content is on the poster... somewhere. Using Pages (Mac) or Powerpoint templates yields much less frustration and creates a much more beautiful poster if you have the time to finesse your poster.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content