CNET Editors' review
We have to admit we were skeptical. We've messed around in Photoshop before and had no idea what we were doing. Portrait Professional promised to be easy, but how easy could it be? Surely it would require some kind of photo-editing skills, right? Wrong.
We are not exaggerating when we say that anyone could use this program. It doesn't really get any easier than this. Open a photo, and the program guides you though the process of adjusting a series of outlines over the subject's facial features. Even this doesn't have to be exact. Once you've done this, the program works its magic, and you're done. For users who want to do a little more fine-tuning, there are separate controls for adjusting facial dimensions and skin characteristics. The main drawback to this program is that users run the risk of making photos look a little too good, which is to say, unrealistic. Portrait subjects will end up with magazine-perfect complexions, which may not be what you're going for. Users will also need to be careful about adjusting things like mouth shape and jaw line; the results may be more attractive than the original, but may end up looking nothing like the subject. Still, this program provides an incredibly easy and efficient way to edit portraits, and overall we were quite impressed with the results. The built-in Help guide is not particularly detailed, but it's adequate.
Portrait Professional is free to try, but the trial version leaves a watermark on images. The program installs desktop icons without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users.
From Anthropics Technology:
Portrait Professional is a computer program that has been trained in male and female beauty. The software has been shown hundreds of examples of beautiful photographs of human faces, and using sophisticated statistical techniques, it has learnt how to subtly enhance photographs to make them more beautiful.
Portrait Professional requires no artistic skill. All you have to do is identify some points on the photo such as the corners of the eyes, and the edges of the lips and the software then calculates how to make your subject look their absolute best. It allows you to choose how much to enhance the lighting, the skin texture and even how many wrinkles to remove. It even allows you subtly re-sculpt the face to make your subject look as good as possible. Portrait Professional enhances people in the same way that good lighting and perfect makeup is used to make someone look more attractive.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Right-click an image file you want to preview and you'll see a ...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Take screenshots (selected area, or full screen), edit and uplo...
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 80 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Want a woman to love you -- get this software!!"
Version: Portrait Professional 10.9.5
Incredibly easy to use for the power it has. It turns a woman's portrait shot into a magazine cover quality shot with very little effort, but for those that need them, there are lots of specific tweaks you can do beyond the basic effect. Good for men's shots, too. Available for both PC and Mac and works the same on each. I use it on an HP Win 7 64-bit desktop and on a MacBook Air. I have been using since version 8 (now on v10) and would not be without it.
Some have complained about support. I can't comment since I have never needed any with this software. I have no complaints. Works better than I expected.
An easy to use tool for turning portrait shots into magazine quality photos with amazing effectiveness. Available for both Mac and PC and works the same on each system. Incredible value.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content