CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Pool Break features four main billiards modes: Pool, Snooker, Carrom, and Crokinole, each with their own variations (such as 8-ball in pool or Snooker 6-Reds) and table options. All of the modes feature options to either play solo, against the computer (appropriately named Droid), and network play. Pool Break Pro also includes manuals to explain the basics of each game for those new to the world of billiards.
Graphically, this game is gorgeous for an Android game. Pool Break simulates a full 3D environment with four scenes to choose from. Although the game runs extremely well, options are in place for lower-end phones to reduce texture quality and improve gameplay. Playing mechanics felt intuitive with the touch interface; swiping left and right rotates your view, and aiming the pool stick felt surprisingly precise in the 3D environment. Pinching gestures control the camera, and you can quickly toggle between first-person and free view by tapping the eye icon. Pool Break even allows you to edit friction values and mass ratios for the cue ball and pool table, which adds a significant depth of realism for even most die-hard pool enthusiasts.
Even online play felt solid. Pool Break will also indicate if an opponent is queued online for a match through an unobtrusive icon. Players can enable or disable chatting and also have the option of creating private games. Although the single-player mode allows you to save games, multiplayer does not. Online matches were stable with maybe one accidental dropped game during testing, even over 3G.
Pool Break currently stands as the definitive billiards game for Android. It not only highlights Android's 3D gaming potential, but its controls are excellent and it's packed with customizable physics to create a realistic pool game unrivaled on a mobile platform. Combined with stable Net play, multiple game modes, and quality visuals, Pool Break Pro demonstrates Kinectic Byte's attention to detail in producing a solid billiards experience on the Android and is unquestionably a recommended download for new players and veterans alike.
From Kinetic Bytes:
With Carrom3D Demo for Android you can play 3D Pool, snooker, carrom, crokinole, and billiards with online play. Demo converts to LITE after 15 days.
What's new in this version: Version 1.8 has improved AI gameplay, added Pan mode and FOV settings, fixed some scoring issues, and improved game stats.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play 584 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content