CNET Editors' review
Poker Tournament Supervisor provides all the tools to coordinate a live poker game. While not set up for entry-level play, the program will prove valuable for serious stud players.
Poker Tournament Supervisor's interface impressed us with its professional look and simple navigation during setup. However, we needed to consult the online Help file to fully grasp what to do during actual play. The first important thing we learned was that this program does not feature any type of video poker whatsoever; it is strictly for organizing and managing live poker games. We were able to easily set up buy-ins, payment structure, chip value, and even blinds by operating a simple menu that clearly explained everything. The actual play allowed us to monitor the time limits, each player's bet, the ante, and every conceivable angle of play. The program also announced blinds and player movements with a clear, human-like voice, but was sort of distracting. The gameplay stage of the program wasn't nearly as intuitive as the setup and seemed necessary only for enormous games with high stakes where documentation and oversight were key. The program provided a nice feature that allowed us to print Dealer Buttons and Poker Hand Values, which could be useful during tournament play. Overall, we felt this program, while functional in every sense, would not be necessary for casual, friendly games.
Poker Tournament Supervisor comes with a 15-day trial. We recommend it for serious poker players.
Poker Tournament Supervisor integrates a powerful database allowing you to store tournaments results, player profiles, structures, stats and all PTS settings. 9 different timer screens including tournament clock, players alphabetical seating chart, rotating tables view, payout, player rankings. Customization : Use one of PTS timer skins or create your own ones using poker tournament supervisor user-friendly skin designer: Show information you need where you want them, use your own background picture, display chips or not, show your poker room logo, choose fonts, and apply styles : Give your personal touch to your tournament clock. Set your default and final table seats amount, color and table balancing preferences (6 tables balancing mode). Recreate your poker chips set using PTS exclusive chips designer. Import/Export your players list and tournament results to .xls, .csv, .html, .doc files and share them as needed. - Print lists, structure summary, player buy-in/seating/out receipts, barcode labels. - Email results, invitation to your players list. - You may desire to display the tournament clock on a monitor (For example a LCD monitor) and supervise the tournament on an other one.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0h:
- Disqualified player bug fixed
- Ability to open new tables manually after the tournament has begun
- Elimination confirmation box and final ranking message box are now optionnal (Timer other settings).
- Player elimination can be cancelled.
- Player internal ID field added
- Tournament calendar bug fixed
- New form layout
- Ability to modifiy player data while running a tournament. Just click on his name.
- New timer ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Concentrate on playing in instead of running your Texas Hold 'E...
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Run your own poker game.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Play a drinking card game againts your compuert.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Set up the scenario and play poker to become the winner.
- Manage poker tournaments.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play a popular Malaysian game aimed at collecting cards of the ...
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Play bridge card game on your PC.
- Organize and view schedules, statistics, and players, analysts,...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play and learn how to play Bid Whist.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Let your kids learn math in a funny way.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Arrange ten cards first to win the game.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Best timer worth getting to know and use!"
Version: Poker Tournament Supervisor 2.0e
1 - Different skins to use for different tournaments.
2 - You can replace default sounds with your own sounds.
3 - You can change colors, schemes and put a league photo on your timer skin.
4 - Looks very professional if you can connect to an HD TV!
Setting up timer skins and multiple tournaments takes abit of time to do.
It also takes time and patience to see everything this is capable of doing, but if you have that time and patience it is worth it's weight in gold.
My only real complaint is that I can not change the color of the countdown timer.
I have v1.3 & v2 on my computers (along with another competitor) and my recent addition of v2 has been well worth it.
As a Tournament Director for World Tavern Poker (www.worldtavernpoker.com), I have 5 separate days of running 2 tournaments day/night and v2 has allowed me to do something different not only for each night, but the asthetic changes you can make are tremendous! And the more I experiment with it, the more I find I can do!
Whether it is changing every color on the timer skins, adding the league logo, adding and removing things that aren't needed makes this timer well worth having.
My newest laptop has 1080p resolution and when I use an HDMI cable to hook it up to an HD TV, this timer looks absolutely fantastic! And the players love it as well!
By being able to see the timer on an HD TV and customizing the sounds for every event gives everybody what they want in a timer, whether they are a player or a Tournament Director.
This timer is just as good as, if not better than, any timer you see in a casino.
In fact, I will put this timer up against ANY casino timer out there, including the one used at the WSOP.
AND if you have any issues with it, Herman Sorais himself will email you back to discuss it and work it out.
"Really great program. Works for me"
Version: Poker Tournament Supervisor 2.0c
this software is my favorite..
Easy to use and understand.
NO NO NONE that I have found :)
"Easy software and great looking one."
Version: Poker Tournament Supervisor 1.1e
I really appreciate the great looking of the timer screen as other timer softwares are often graphically poor. This software is easy to set and use.
Printing tab is usefull.
This software doesn't manage league.