CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
Stream music from UPnP or DLNA media servers or control UPnP or DLNA media renderers from the palm of your hand. Use your Android device to remotely control another copy of PlugPlayer. With PlugPlayer for Android you can control your media renderer using your device, creating a playlist from media on your media server. PlugPlayer for Android automatically discovers devices on your network without the need for manual configuration or settings.
What's new in this version: Version 3.8 supports CloudUPnP, Linn Davaar Songcast, and Linn Radio Metadata.
More Products to Consider
- The best sound machine!.
- MX Video Player - The best way to enjoy your movies.a) MULTI-CO...
- Turn your phone into a wireless camera! Supports Windows, Mac a...
- SYBLA TV Sybla TV brings you the best Arabic and international ...
- Sync iTunes playlists, rate music and build playlists directly ...
- YO. This is AutoRap. It turns speech into rap, and corrects bad...
- Bass Booster - Equalizer - Volume Booster - 10 Presets.
- Turn your Android, iOS, Symbian phones into wireless cameras an...
- Download your favorite videos from websites!.
- Create Dubstep remixes your favorite songs by " Dubstep Sound M...
- Play almost any type of digital music files with Wide/Reverb/X-...
- Synctunes wireless is an iTunes to Android syncing application ...
- Mix and scratch 2 MP3 files on your Android device.
- Rocket Player 2.1 or higher is required for this app to operate...
- No.1 Live Streaming for Indonesia Programmes.
- The best movies collection.
- Sexiest Wet T-Shirt girls on Video!!!.
- PlayTube FREE - Playlist Manager allows you to organize youtube...
- Hide pictures and videos from prying eyes safely! Hides app ico...
- Read the official text of the Gospel Library on your Android de...
- Unlimited Music. Everywhere.
- US TV allows you to watch many free United State television cha...
- Access your Android device over wifi as a Windows shared folder...
- The Ultimate Skrillex Dub Step Drum Pads - Beat Maker --->>>.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: PlugPlayer for Android 3.8
You can get it to work, eventually. Like so much with Android it just takes infinite patience Googling & forum'ing to get there, in my case remote controlling an iPod Touch 4 from an HTC Sensation 4G to play music off a Synology NAS.
The slowness, the hanging, the crashing, the freezing, the options that just don't work. It's not the 2 x $5 I mind, it's the hours wasted. I really, really wanted something to do what PP is the only thing out there trying to do.
All too often the A in Android version stands for Afterthought.If you deselect one setting "Tap to Play", and restart, you can delete "Unworkable". Suddenly PP stops hanging/freezing, presumably passing whole albums of track info to it's Playlist. That, and your iDevice Renderer must have Autolock on Never to keep it's connection alive, it it locks you have to restart the renderer PP for the remote PP to see it again.
Updated on Dec 10, 2011
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content