Editors' Note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
The Plex application allows you to use your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to browse and play your media (video, photos and music) using the Plex Media Server installed on your Mac or PC. You can view online media from a variety of sources. If you have Aperture, iPhoto, or iTunes installed you can also stream the content to your mobile device. The application also functions as a full-featured remote for the Plex Media Center application.The media is streamed directly from your Mac or PC, and there is no need to convert before viewing. You can stream over the Internet over 3G, but you will need to set up port forwarding to do so. The application can automatically configure a router via the new myPlex service.
What's new in this version:
- NEW: New photo viewer
- NEW: Dark theme
- NEW: All sliders support variable scrubbing speed (just like the movie player)
- NEW: Better integration of search in sections and channels
- NEW: Audio boost & subtitle size settings are used for sync
- NEW: Failed sync transcodes can be retried from Sync Settings
- NEW: Source icons for online search results
- FIX: Attempt to direct-play MPEG-4 video
- FIX: Better response validation (fixes certain sync errors)... See all new features »