What's new in version 3.1
- Exclusive new Mac Pro support: Pixelmator 3.1 Marble takes advantage of the new Mac Pro's incredible power and speed with its dual-GPU support. This means that just about any edit you make, you will experience remarkably smoother and more fluid performance.?
- 16-bit support on the new Mac Pro: Harnessing the power of the Mac Pro's dual-GPU architecture, we're now able to support 16-bit per channel images for the first time. You can now edit rich and vibrant images in Pixelmator 3.1 Marble on the new Mac Pro.?
- Order Prints: You can now quickly and easily turn your gorgeous images into stunning, fine-quality prints. With just a few clicks, order Pixelmator images as postcards, notecards, gallery frames, or posters.
- Both GPUs are used simultaneously when applying effects: one for computing the effect and the other one for composition rendering.?
- 16-bit per channel color images are supported.?
- The image auto saving is computed in the background while image composition is being rendered.?
- Optimizations made for all 4-core, 6-core, 8-core, or 12-core Intel Xeon processors for better zoom out handling and faster bitmap layer duplications.?
- GCD Dispatch I/O technology and PCIe-based flash storage makes opening and exporting high resolution images faster.?
- Increased memory bandwidth is fully utilized for Pixelmator operations.
- Now, you can select more than one layer with styles and change the opacity of the selected layers all at once.?
- When you move a selection made on layers with styles, the layer style always stays visible, even when you go to another app and back.?
- You can now apply styles on a new layer right after you've painted with the Paint Bucket Tool or the Pixel Tool.?
- When converting layers with styles into regular layers, the Opacity setting always stays intact.?
- When you clear layer contents, the layer style icon disappears as well.?
- The Styles palette stays active when you copy layers with styles into a newly created document.?
- You can now change the gradient fill for newly created text or shape layers from the Gradients palette without opening the Styles palette.?
- When you choose a color in the Colors palette, it doesn't change the color choice in the Styles palette.?
- You can now remove style presets even if you have several layers with styles selected.?
- After you clear a layer style, you can now remove layer style presets.
- Pointillize, Pixelize, Mandala, Concert, City Lights, Color Hatch, X-ray, Infrared, Line Dye, Tracer, Scanner, Newspaper, Neon, ASCII, Blue Print and Projectile effects are now available again.?
- The effects' rope is now more stable.?
- Improved RAW image file format support.?
- You can now turn off Auto Select on shape layers as well as on the others layers.?
- When you Control-click the selection on an empty layer, you can now choose Refine selection from the shortcut menu.?
- When grouped text layers are duplicated, the text stays visible.?
- When text or shape layers are converted into pixels, the Opacity setting stays intact.?
- Now you can drag a gradient preset to the Finder.?
- Improvements have been made for the outside stroke effect.?
- New layers are no longer added when painting with the Paint Bucket Tool set to 0% of Opacity.?
- Colors are updated in the Fill dialog correctly, whether you choose the dialog from the Menu bar or use the keyboard shortcut.?
- The "Low disk space" message no longer appears when there's lots of space on the computer.?
- Improved localizations.?
- And other tiny-yet-annoying bugs, random graphical glitches, and crashes have been fixed.
- Publisher Pixelmator Team
- Publisher web site http://www.pixelmator.com
- Release date January 23, 2014
- Date added January 22, 2014
- Version 3.1
- Operating systems Mac OS X 10.8, Mac OS X 10.9, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.6
- Additional requirements Not available
- File size 36.98MB
- File name Pixelmator.zip
- Total Downloads 74,925
- Downloads last week 218
- License model Free to try
- Limitations 30-day trial
- Price $14.99