CNET Editors' reviewAs you can find many excellent bowling sims these days, it's tough for us to get excited about one that stops the fun almost as soon as it starts. Compared to other similar games we've played, this one requires you to take a few extra steps to hurl the ball. First you select desired power on a meter, then choose whether to apply spin. After that, you must line up two red dots to launch your bowling ball down the lane. Pin Action Bowling lets you play with either your mouse or the keyboard, but if you choose the latter, you'll have to live with the prearranged layout. In general, the game's graphics seem satisfactory, but since you can't resize the window to a full-screen view, we have a tough time making a conclusive judgment on its appearance. You can choose to disable the sound effects; select from a few bowlers and balls; and play against the computer or another human. Besides its high memory consumption, the real problem we have with Pin Action Bowling is the demo restricts you to a measly two frames per game. Not only does this trial period severely cut down on the game's fun factor, it doesn't really allow you to determine if the program is worth buying. In the final analysis, we'd recommend checking out other bowling games ahead of this one.
From XFusion Software:
Watch out for the gutter. Drink some beer with your friends and enjoy playing this computer game, which actually puts you into the action. Real video of you bowling incorporated into your favorite bowling alley makes this game stand out from the rest. Pick up the dreaded 7-10 split, bowl a perfect game, and get ready for some Pin Action. Photo realistic bowlers and reactions. Put yourself into the game. The game has challenging gameplay.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Extract still images from motion video without manual picking o...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Split all formats of MPEG files.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Split AVI files into smaller AVI video clips.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Fastest way to edit MPEG video.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Create photo slideshows and burn them to CD or DVD discs.
- Capture images and record videos from your desktop screen.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Mark the start and end positions and split video files.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Transfer audio and video data from one application to another d...
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Create animation from your photos and images.
- Add frames and titles to photos.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Make any video interactive.
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-0 of 0
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: