CNET Editors' reviewPictureTrail offers Photo Editor for free as a handy way to touch up digital photos before uploading or printing. Of course, it works hand-in-hand with PictureTrail's online photo-sharing service. Installation went smoothly, though the demo required an e-mail address and gave no explanation as to why. The interface resembles Windows Explorer; double-clicking an image in the file-tree window opens it in the main window. From there, you can perform basic editing tasks, including cropping, scrolling, resizing, rotating, adding text, watermarking, and removing red-eye. When saving a file, you may configure image quality, encoding, and sampling, and even save all those settings as defaults. The image can be saved as a JPEG, BMP, or PNG file. PictureTrail's online help, however, is substandard, so if you get stuck, you'll have to e-mail tech support. We enjoyed using this program and recommend it to casual photographers, although serious amateurs and professionals will demand more powerful filters and effects.
PictureTrail Photo Editor offers the most popular image-editing features--a file manager and a fast picture uploader--all in one simple program. You can quickly crop, resize, color-correct, reduce red-eye, add graphical text, and choose print templates without the sharp learning curve necessary for many other graphics programs. You also can save time with batch-processing options for resizing, renaming, and watermarking multiple images at once. You can open a free online photo-sharing account, then use the powerful uploader to upload images to your account. The uploader provides on-the-fly file compression options to greatly speed up the process. You also can quickly browse folders containing your JPEG images. The program supports copy, delete, and move functions, as well as file renaming in batch mode.
Version 1.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Perform file operations and batch renaming in dual window inter...
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Resurrect boring images to a stunning new look.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Quickly convert and resize images in more than 20 image formats...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Resize multiple images simultaneously.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- View, resize, watermark, convert, rename, and batch-process ima...
- The Image Resizer 2.0 makes it easy to scale images.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Rename and apply a number to multiple files.
- Convert and resize batches of your images easily.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Watermark multiple files with the single click of a button.
- Resize, rename, and add watermarks to your digital photos.
- Protect your digital images with ease.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Pretty fast to use"
Version: PictureTrail Photo Editor 1.6
The thumbnails of the photos load pretty fast. Much faster than some of the other programs, especially for my 500K digicam photos. I find myself reaching for this app everytime I need to quickly look up some photos and do some basic cropping and resizing. The batch functions are pretty cool.
No layers support. I can add text to a photo but I can't manage layers of text or place other graphics on the photos.