CNET Editors' review
Photo Scanner for Mac transforms photos of documents into perspective-corrected scans, which you can then output as either JPEG or PDF files. The application's interface is neat and intuitive, and the app performs well, although a few additional tools would have been welcome.
Photo Scanner for Mac installs and opens to a welcoming interface. The included documentation and Help files make getting started and navigating the app very easy. The application allows you to open and edit image files, and transform files into scans of a user-defined resolution. However, the program offers only basic tools for correcting the quality and color of the output generated from the photos, limiting the application's functionality. Clicking open allows users to select the document photo they wish to scan. The image appears in the program's main window surrounded by red dots, which users drag to the corners of the document. Selecting "Transform" creates the scanned image, which replaces the original image in the main program window. Users wishing to adjust the alignment, format, or quality of the image can make basic adjustments. During testing, the application performed well, but additional features, such as more resolution options would have been preferable.
Photo Scanner for Mac's capabilities will be useful for users needing to scan documents on the run, or for users that do not have scanner hardware.
Photo Scanner is your tool for convenient scanning without expensive scanning hardware. Take a picture of the document you want to scan, open that picture in Photo Scanner, drag the red dots to the corners of the document, press the transform button, correct the colors, and print or save as PDF or JPG. It features perspective correction of any digital image, book fold correction, multilingual, and color correction.
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- View comic and manga images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- Professional-grade raw converter and image editor.
- Post production tool for photographers.
- Add comments, flags to your photos or images.
- Image browsing and editing for both still images and movies.
- Scanner drivers.
- Create mosaics from smaller images.
- Compile and share your treasured moments.
- Lightweight, speedy image viewer/browser.
- Replace green and blue backgrounds of your photos in 1 click.
- Remove a blue and green screens from your photos.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Wont require if you get a good scan in the first place."
Version: Photo Scanner 2.2.2
Good for when your scan is already on the computer and needs to be "flattened"
The image cant be taken with the computer directly. Probably easiest to get it using your iPhone. Instead of messing with software to try and correct, flatten and brighten the image which results in quality loss, its best to find a spot with good amount of light that will give you a quality image in the first place. You can always use a scanner stand like StandScan to get perfect scans.