CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
With Photoaf 3D Panorama you can use your Android device's built-in camera to take wide-format, panoramic photos--sort of. Similar to other panoramic photo applications, Photoaf takes a series of standard-format photos, and digitally stitches them together to create a single panoramic image.
Since Photoaf 3D Panorama has one function, there's really not much to fuss with when it comes to interface. Fire it up, and hit Create Panorama. From there you can either tap the shutter button manually, or choose to let the app automatically shoot the photos while you rotate your camera. We found it better to let the app do the shooting in order to minimize the shake factor. Also, the onscreen levelers helped keep our movements consistent, which made for better-looking stitches.
Once you've done a full camera rotation (which usually takes 9 to 12 photos), Photoaf automatically starts stitching. Alternatively, you can click Stitch to begin the process at any time. After that, depending on how many photos the app is putting together, the stitching process may take a few minutes. Finally, you can load up the panorama to view, or share it via Photoaf's built-in sharing function, which can transmit through e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, or any of your other installed applications. As another option, you can upload your stitched masterpiece to the public gallery on Photoaf.com.
While Photoaf 3D Panorama is easy to use and cleanly designed, it's performance was a mixed bag. Our test photos were inconsistent, with some looking very much like seamless, wide-screen panoramas, and others looking like unaligned, fragmented disasters. As we expected, lighting conditions, the steadiness of movements, and the qualities of photo subjects all affected our results. However, it also seemed like the app's stitching tool just wasn't up to snuff, as it struggled with what should have been simple stitch jobs. Also, we ran into some performance issues, as the app Force Closed or simply failed to launch several times.
Overall, we think Photoaf 3D Panorama is a fun tool with some convenient features, and a nice built-in sharing function. However, with its performance issues and its failure to consistently produce clean panoramic photographs, you might not want to rely on it for say, that family trip to the Grand Canyon.
From Oren Bengigi:
When done, move your phone around to see the complete panoramic view. PPhotaf 3D Panorama Free (Android) features Facebook share, automatic image stitching, automatic picture taking, pinch to zoom, and option move to sd.
What's new in this version: Version 3.0 fix crash on Sony Xperia devices due to auto-focus failure.
More Products to Consider
- Correct and enhance photos form all possible angles.
- The best camera application for portraits, 'Cymera'.
- Wrap frames and scenery around your photos, or add whimsical ef...
- Share your pictures on Facebook automatically.
- Change your photos into works of art.
- Enhance, transform, and share your photos easily.
- Awesome PicsArt Studio!.
- Add film and camera effects to the photos you take on your Andr...
- More than 600 effects, overlays, and borders to personalize any...
- Enhance your photos and quickly share them with your friends.
- Add film and retouch effects to your photos.
- Photogrid is the best way to create gorgeous photo collage.If y...
- Add film and camera effects to your photos.
- Edit and share photos virtually anywhere. Access them all on Ph...
- Snap pictures and apply effects with this fun app.
- PhotoFunia is a photo editing tool that gives you a fun filled ...
- Special Instagram HD version of popular Lomo Camera app. Take p...
- Edit your photos with effects, stickers, and texts on your Andr...
- Pic Paint is Androids highest res photo editing app w/ clipart,...
- Photoshop express, Image editor, photofunia, sketch, reflection...
- Do you want fast gallery just like iPhone gallery? Picturen is ...
- Create cool photo montages and apply fun photo frames & effects...
- Combine multiple photos in fancy frames, add text caption and p...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content