CNET Editors' review
Given its name, Perfect Diet Tracker had a lot to live up to. We've seen a lot of programs of this sort that were mediocre at best, so we admit that we were a bit skeptical at first. However, Perfect Diet Tracker may actually be deserving of its name; it's among the best we've seen.
The program's interface is outstanding, with a sleek and entirely professional-looking design. Everything about it is easy to navigate and understand. The program contains the typical features that you would expect from such a program; users enter their current and goal weights and the program helps them determine what they'll need to do in order to reach their goal, including the length of time it will take and the number of calories that will need to be consumed. Users then track their food and physical activity with the program each day; it contains a large database of both foods and activities, making it easy to enter nutritional information and calories burned. Users can view charts of their progress over time, and multiple profiles can be created so that the whole household can participate. The program's online Help file is well-written and thorough. We've seen many weight-loss programs that try to cram in too many features and become difficult to navigate and time-consuming to use; Perfect Diet Tracker avoids these pitfalls by providing really useful features and nothing more. Overall, we think this is a great choice for users seeking an easy-to-use weight loss program.
Perfect Diet Tracker has a seven-day trial period. It installs desktop icons without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
Perfect Diet Tracker is an easy to use diet tracker application that will help you lose weight. It includes a database of over 52,000 foods to get you started. Both imperial and metric measurements are supported making it easy to add new food and exercise items to the diary worldwide. Carbohydrates, Protein and Fat intake are also monitored automatically, so you can check you are maintaining a balanced diet.
The multi-user interface lets more than one user use the software on the same computer, each users details are password protected (optional) so your details remain private.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Read ebooks on your Windows personal computer.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Read the CBR files.
- Create, print and organize your recipes using these printable r...
- Manage your weekly diets and display nutritional information.
- Improve your English-writing skills.
- Learn the basics of palm reading.
- Take control of your recipes.
- Track your nutritional intakes to manage your weight while main...
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"Looks good thats about it"
Version: Perfect Diet Tracker 3.3.3
- Interface looks nice
- Lacks features that make it worth paying for
- Has been made to look go rather than easy to use.
- Free calorie counters are available that are better than this
Apart from looks this software doesn't offer anything more than freely available calorie counting software does.
Version: Perfect Diet Tracker 18.104.22.168
Very user friendly. Diary entries are simple. Group feature is awesome!
It automatically subtracts your calories burned exercise from the total calories. There's no preference to turn this off.
This program is simple but full of features. I found most foods in the database but adding new ones as you go is very simple. Some of the produce entries I found to be slightly off but they were easy to edit as well. I really wish there was a way to turn off the subtraction of calories burned therefore increasing what it thinks should be your daily calorie intake. I add my exercise only at the end of day to keep this from being confusing.
Version: Perfect Diet Tracker 22.214.171.124
It has a simple and intuitive interface. It has an online food database - type and add food. You can create groups for home cooked meals (ie mom's meatloaf). It also has an extensive exercise database - (ie jogged 20 min.). It adds calories burned.
Not all foods are listed in the database. Some meals I had to add manually. However, they are saved in database once added. Documentation is scarce.
I down loaded this on the 15 day trial period. It was great. I go out to eat a lot and most foods were listed. I customized the display for sodium intake. It was very helpful. I excercise a lot and found the entry system easy to use. It subtracts exercise from calories consumed to give you a total allowable for the day. It also varies calories allowable for one's goals. Age, sex, and weight are calculated against a variable time table. The only negative part was that some foods are not in the database. I had to add them myself. Also, home cooked meals require you to construct a meal group (i.e. My sandwich - peanut butter, jelly, and bread). It then saves the group and may be added again later.
"A piece of cake to use. Ooh, shouldn't have said cake."
Version: Perfect Diet Tracker 3.09
I enter what I have eaten soon after each meal and the listing of food keeps me aware of portion size. There are many foods and drinks listed by brand names. The graphs are fun to look at after some eating history has been entered.
Some food combinations are not listed and have to be "built". This can take some time to look up ingredients, figuring how much you used and adding it into the meal. While I am hunting and typing I'm burning calories, so its all good.
I think the program is fun and easy to use. There are sure to be changes over time that will make it more user friendly and have more foods listed to look up.
"Easy to use, nice interface"
Version: Perfect Diet Tracker 1.03
I found the software easy to use.
Could do with more products, but they are not too hard to add.