PeaZip for Windows 64 bit is a free ZIP software optimized for WIN64 systems. The application is based on powerful and solid Open Source technology of 7-Zip for managing mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting special purpose file formats and features, in order to provide a flexible zip/unzip/unrar utility featuring a comprehensive and user friendly GUI that, unlike most archive managers (i.e. WinZip and WinRar), is natively portable and cross-platform. Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, WIM, XZ, ZIP files Open and extract over 170 archive types: RAR, ACE, ARJ, CAB, DEB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RPM, UDF, ZIPX files and many more... PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (150+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, mass file rename, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, image resize and convert, hashing, find duplicate files, convert archives...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion...). The distinctive trait of PeaZip is the innovative and easy to use compression/extraction interface, more similar to CD burners interfaces rather than to a classic file compressor. This design makes extremely simple to check (and update) items set for compression and extraction, integrating a full featured file manager component. Also, tasks created in the GUI can be easily saved and scheduled as batch scripts, in order to automate backup and restore operations, or for fine tuning, or for learning purpose, bridging the gap between the ease of use of GUI applications and power and flexibility of console.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for scanning with Windows Defender.
- Information column, when browsing files, shows a note about file types which can be handled through PeaZip.
- Improved links to online resources.
- While operating, Pause button is highlighted instead of Stop by default, to prevent unaware click canceling running tasks.
- Fixed extraction to new folder from application's drag and drop context menu.
- New installation mode: "Update only" in... See all new features »